Anyone know about old titles?

-

64val67gtx

64 sl6val 2dr 67 gtx 4spd
Reaction score
I got a 64 valiant with the org oregon title, i would like to get the old title back after i pay $163.00 to get it transfered and legit. Anyways i called dmv and after a long wait i got hungup on, so has anyone done this before? Or at all heard of this? I live in oregon and im sure it varys state to state.

Uh............

No%20Art%20050425e.jpg

In Illinois you can usally get your original title back.It will come back stamped VOID across it.Do yourself a favor and go to Office Max or somewhere and have a few color copies made first.Its hard to tell between a color copy and the original.

Jim

Glancin at the thread title I thought it said "Anyone know about old titties?"

Awesome i was going to copy it, thats a great idea. Im thinking they will do some kind of a void stamp, or stamp a hole in it or something.

I digress. A day seein ANY titties is a good one.

apply for a lost title replacement
transfer the replacement title
then "find" the original

I have the org title. i just want to be able to keep it once i apply for a new one, so i can keep it since i have every bit of paper work on this car.

Oh, hell I thought you'd already transferred it. YEAH Go down, act stupid, file for a "lost title," then make DAMN sure you seal the old one in an envelope or some other method, or plastic? so you can NOT make the mistake of using it officially.

DISCLAIMER: Somewhere in the back rooms of OR law, this is probably illegal.

Im wandering if thats going to cost me more money.. ill update this thread and let ya know im going to get this thing on the road.

In Oklahoma they take your original title forever and issue a new one. For example the original title number is 123456 when the first Oklahoma title was issued. You sell it, file for a lost title, add a lein or have a lein removed then title number will be 123456A. Every time any work is done with the title the letter moves down to the next letter.

What sucks is you can have a documented title that shows very low miles and if the car is over 10 years old then it is automatically listed as exempt on the mileage. I have never transfered my 1968 Barracuda since I bought it in 1996 because of that law.

-
Back