Anyone know of good factory replacment cross drilled slotted rotors?

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there that makes GOOD cross drilled and slotted rotors for big bolt pattern A-bodies? Also, how about good pads? I am thinking of putting them on my 73 340 Dart.

Thanks, Jeremy

Why do you think you need drilled and slotted rotors?

If it's for "The Look" go for the cheapest ones you can find because they offer ZERO advantages on a street car.

They can't be turned, so they are a one shot deal and are more likely to crack.

68, I would agree that they don't add to much for normal driving, but we have lots of fun canyons to cruise threw around here and I plan to drive this car hard. So I think there may be some added advantages.

Thanks Demon, those look nice. Have you had any problems with them?

fst73. I have heard that the ebay rotors are made with real sheep steel and warp very easily. ???

Thanks guys

from who? people who have used them or hearsay? I just ordered some. 109 shipped. Same price as stockers without shipping. If you dont trust ebay then spend 200 on the summit ones. I know like 4 people with those on their car.

Don't buy drilled rotors, they crack around the holes. Dimpled and slotted is the way to go. Slotted at the very least.

It's your money but here is the long and short of it.

Stockers:

Advantages:
• Can be turned

Disadvantages:
• None

Drilled and Slotted:

Advantages (even in hard street use situations):
• None

Disadvantages:
• Can not be turned
• Shorter life

For anything but all out competition use these are nothing more than a fad.

ebay.com

I come into these things to give the people asking questions what they are looking for. Not to start a disagreement about which product is better or not. If he wants slots, why try to stop him. Tell him the difference between the two, but give the info he wants. Like Hemi and demonseed did.

ebay.com

I come into these things to give the people asking questions what they are looking for. Not to start a disagreement about which product is better or not. If he wants slots, why try to stop him. Tell him the difference between the two, but give the info he wants. Like Hemi and demonseed did.

That is Hilarious. You ask for all kinds of information and you can't waste YOUR Precious time to post a link... haaaaa

I installed slotted and cross drilled rotors on the front and the back of my Dart. More for looks than anything. I just contacted Master Power who I bought my brakes from and spoke with their tech line. They have never heard of any of their rotors cracking around the drilled holes and said that their rotors are turnable by anyone who knows how to properly operate a brake lathe?

Who's BSing who?!?

That is Hilarious. You ask for all kinds of information and you can't waste YOUR Precious time to post a link... haaaaa

Im at work ***. :sign7:. And all these post were from my phone. How am I suppose to post a link from my phone?...Glad there are post monitors that like to criticize every post made instead of keeping things on topic.

i installed slotted and cross drilled rotors on the front and the back of my dart. More for looks than anything. I just contacted master power who i bought my brakes from and spoke with their tech line. They have never heard of any of their rotors cracking around the drilled holes and said that their rotors are turnable by anyone who knows how to properly operate a brake lathe?

Who's bsing who?!?

+1

Im at work ***. :sign7:. And all these post were from my phone. How am I suppose to post a link from my phone?...Glad there are post monitors that like to criticize every post made instead of keeping things on topic.

Now that is really Hilarious, been called alot worse.......haaaaaa

I have went out of my way several times to help you with your questions, You forget quickly.

Now that is really Hilarious, been called alot worse.......haaaaaa

I have went out of my way several times to help you with your questions, You forget quickly.

Thanks for the help.:blob:

-
Back