Anyone know the story of this?

-
I was looking for Nike classic shoe site to nail it down as shoes are usually 1-3 years old tops. Good call, I actually posted Buick (but changed my mind) for that wagon but couldn't dicern the turn signals from a Caprice, now I see the side lights of the Buick clearly.

Yes, but the GM Station Wagon is wearing Rectangular Headlights, which came later in the 1970's.

Yeah, I agree. I was just trying to put potential dates on various elements in the picture. Rusty may have found the newest detail in the picture (the station wagon).

That GM Station Wagon has a Center-Grille if you look closely.

It may be an Oldsmobile.

Nice rubber on the 1971 Swinger though.

Looks like BF Goodrich Belted T/A.
* E 70 x 14" {Front} on 14" x 6" Rims
* E 60 x 14" {Rear} on 14" x 7" Rims

The plot thickens. - Nice call on the grill center divider. I'm not having any luck finding that grill with the canted back front end....

The Station Wagon has a Center-Grille Divider.

Also, check out the Front Fender Emblems, they are high and above the body
side molding.

Im with Rusty, 77 Buick Estate Wagon but with no bumper guards. I dont see the devided grill.
buick__estate_wagon_1977_1_lgw.jpg

Or Skylark? Due to body side molding height.

maybe what we were seeing is not a center divider but part of the girl's hair.

Dunno, I cant seem to find an split grill that has the right lights....

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 182
I remember working on these at the Buick dealer in 78. It has the fender ports the other GM's didnt have. The 403 Olds was the engine to have in the full size Buick.

Interesting and powerful photograph, as a dad it makes me think about what if that was my daughter standing there in a state of shock.

3rd vehicle behind the station wagon looks like it could be a VW Rabbit with rectangular headlights, circa 1979. Behind this vehicle looks like a VW bug.

just ahead of the little white Datsun 510 wagon is a 1979 Datsun 210 sedan!

I'm trying to figure out what happened to flip the dart like that...right quarter panel looks like it was hit by another car while the crunched front end looks like it might have hit concrete maybe...

Was a pretty clean looking Dart before the accident with a few options like bumper guards and a passenger mirror.It definitely would'nt have been fixed but maybe some of its parts still live on in one of our cars.

I remember working on these at the Buick dealer in 78. It has the fender ports the other GM's didnt have. The 403 Olds was the engine to have in the full size Buick.

The 403 was the engine to have in anything. They were much like the 340. They only came one way. Hot. At least for the time. I had a friend when we were in school who had a 79 Trans Am with a 403. That was probably the fastest production I have ever been in. Fastest. Not quickest. We had that car going so fast, the T tops blew out of it. I know we had to be goin more than 140 cause the broken line was solid and that happens right around 140. It was impressive for a stone stock automobile.

The Station Wagon

Looks like a 1978 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser.

Center Grille Divider, and high front fender emblem.

Passed on the right while weaving in and out. Cut left and clipped a right front fender, went sideways. Flipped, hit the wall, spun a time or two. Guy they clipped is taking pics. Wild guess.

-
Back