Anyone know what this is connector called???

-
Thanks for the resource. I took a real quick glance, and I've put it on my reading list (with a star to denote importance. . . .sorry I'm a nerd.) Luckily I've never really seen any spikes on the ammeter, but that may just be BECAUSE this circuit is already fried. I'll make sure to keep an eye on it once I get this circuit back up and running.
Ah. Read it sooner than later. The ammeter will normally only show a high draw to that circuit when the engine is off. Once the engine is running, power comes from alternator and the ammeter doesn't show flow from the alternator. Being a fused circuit, at least its reasonable well protected.

Side note, I also stumbled across this article, Improved Wiring for older Mopars, and it too looks like a good idea.

The biggest pain in the a** of this whole thing is waiting for the right wiring to come in the mail. I really want to stick with original colors so my wiring diagrams are still accurate. Radio shack used to be my go to for wiring and local auto stores only ever seem to have red and black.

Some good ideas in the article. I like Nacho's method, similar to the Chrysler approach mentioned in that article. Nacho ran a parallel wire from the battery, and another one from the alternator directly to the back of the ammeter. They go through a grommet in the firewall - no additional connectors or junctions and no splicing needed.
Did I do it? no. I put the headlights on relays, which was the one circuit that I had problems with. Very little other electric loads in my car.

Wire colors. If you're near a boat/marine supply place, the ones around here have a very good selection of wire insulation colors, cut to any lengths wanted.

I haven't looked at alternatives. I never even priced the OEM timer module.

I was looking at OEM last night. They are between 50 and 60 bucks. While I would like to get everything to the appearance of stock, I'd say I've got maybe a 15 dollar level of motivation in getting a couple of light to stay on for a few seconds.

I was reading a thread where someone said they found it for 9 at summit, but no link and I haven't been able to locate it yet.

Side note, I was going to start yet another tangent in this thread, but I just started a new one instead. If any of you have a sec I'd love to get even more input than that which you have already graciously given.

-
Back