Anyone know what's up with Layson's?

-

64physhy

Reaction score
I'm thinking of ordering some tail light housings and lenses, and the trim behind the rear window from Layson's, but I'm not sure if they are still in business (after Carlisle). Does anyone know if they are still doing business? The website's still up, but I want to make sure before I order. I've emailed them and not gotten a response. Does anyone know if they are still in business? I'm sure they are probably still going through the whole court process, so may be selling until they can't anymore.

maybe contact FABO member Rick@Laysons :)

-RPM

I'm new to the forum, didn't know he was member. I think he's the one auctioning the tail light housings right now on their auction site. I already emailed him about the tail light housings a couple days ago. Maybe I'm just being impatient. They're probably on vacation or something.

I'm new to the forum, didn't know he was member. I think he's the one auctioning the tail light housings right now on their auction site. I already emailed him about the tail light housings a couple days ago. Maybe I'm just being impatient. They're probably on vacation or something.

Yeah probably as Rick has been nothing short of really cool for FABO members and always willing to bring a good reputation back to Laysons.

I just hope they are paying him good for his efforts.

Rick seems to be doing all he can to keep the place going. To bad Dave Layson doesn't seem to put in as much effort.

I have been dealing with Laysons' for years now I can say I will only buy parts at a Swap meet from them or if Rick himself goes to the shelf and makes sure its in the warehouse.

Having said that the more folks post positive stuff about them the better off they will be.

I`d imagine they are on Christmas vacation. Rick deserves a MONTH off! I`ve dealt with him on many occasions and he`s nothing but the truth.

I just exchanged private messages with Rick last week. Layson's is still around. They're probably just out of the office for a few days for a well deserved vacation.

I called them a week before christmas about wheel well trim. They seemed business as normal. I dont know what happened at carlisle but I was present. I dont want to comment on something I really dont know anything about. I have heard bad and good things about the company. I personally have bought from them at the events and had no issues.

My suggestion is to deal directly with Rick. I bought some '69 Dart tail light bezels from him earlier this year and have nothing but good to say about Rick. Treated me right on everything including shipment time to my door.

It might have been hard for him to get into work the last week or so due to the crapload of snow that is all over this area.

what happened with laysons at carlisle? I do a lot of online shopping and would hate to get burned.

i just bought hood trim from them for my 69 dart. they sent me a thing in the mail for some discount. unfortunately when it came it was 2 passenger side peices. i called up spoke with rick, i didnt ask for him or anything, he was good about it. the only part that pisses me off about it, i had to pay to ship it back. 16 bucks. pretty much wasted the discount. what kind of car do you need bezels for?

We have been having some "weather related" issues here the past week or so, but we are still in business and taking/shipping orders the best we can. UPS isn't taking any deliveries until this week due to the holiday season, so some of you folks may be receiving your orders a few days later than planned, but they will be picking up this afternoon. We did close down on Friday after Christmas to give everyone a four day weekend, and we might very well do the same this upcoming weekend.....if the weatherman isn't lying about what we have in store for us that's on the way!!!! Guess we'll have to wait and see on that one...

64physhy....I have received your email, and as soon as I can pry myself away from answering the phones, I'll get a reply back to you.

Thanks,
Rick

hey rick do u have a complete set of 1971 duster wheel well moulding? thank you :-D

I'm sorry, we are out of stock for the Duster/Dart Sport/Demon wheel opening trim for the rear wheelwells. We have the front pieces available, but not the rear. We are still waiting for a shipment from our manufacturer before we can offer the four piece sets again.

what the hell happened at carlisle? come on we need some good viscous rumor, fight, scam, wtf, rick can set the story straight, right here. drama`s funny sometimes

what the hell happened at carlisle? come on we need some good viscous rumor, fight, scam, wtf, rick can set the story straight, right here. drama`s funny sometimes

Dave was busted over some issues with trademark stuff or so I am told I was there and saw the cops roll in. Rob Wolf did an article and got a good photo in Mopar Collectors guide a few issues ago.

I think Maw Mopar and the local cops went high and right, maybe they were claravoyant in needing cash at the end of the year.

Just think if they go under no one will need any trademarks for anything, makes you wonder..............................

Didn't mean to stir up drama. I've bought from Layson's before, several years ago. I just wanted to make sure everything was still solid before I start sending money that way (which I will be). I don't want them to go out of business, because as most of us know, there are a lot of repro parts that you can't get anywhere else.

Rick, I just realized that your emails have been going to my spam folder. I'll be ordering the lenses at the same time that I pay for the bezels when the auction is over.
So, everyone, he's been quite friendly and helpful in answering my questions.

-
Back