Anyone not getting cars out due to gas $ ?

-
I have to agree...My Dustpan is weekend and some week night cruiser....gas is 4.29 here is spots and Race gace is 12.00 a gallon for 109 unleaded...so...as often and it get driven...I'll fill the tank...my 2010 Explorer takes over 60.00 to fill and I have to have it everyday for my job...so a little kick in the wallet to enjoy the Dustpan...I'll do it....

not all may agree...but I didnt build this car to have it sit.

:burnout:

What, we got Blue Turbo leaded 110 fuel here for $6.99 a gallon--but its not street legal. Like off road, for boats, etc. Still when I took my 2 gallon can up there last time the last sale was $76

Yup Gas and price of living .. Have stoped all my fun .. The barracuda aint been messed with for almost a year now . I just dont have the extra cash to redo it . I guess as some of u say im in the wrong hobby . Any one want the poor car cuz its just going to set there in the weeds

Incidentally, I drove the black 66 to work the other day to check the milage against my truck.... the Cuda got better milage than my truck, so on days that I don't need the truck, I'm gonna save $5.00 on the round trip and put that $$ into the tank for fun cruising!!! Geof

Was going to say the same thing the cuda against my 4x4 the cuda wins the MPG war. I just don't like driving it everyday.

yes you put gas in 5 vehicles at once .. I put it in 4 vehicless, 2 motorcycles a 4 wheeler and a 17ft bayliner

.....but you only drive one at a time

And the money is tied up in 5 gas tanks....

I dont give a S^&*... i am driving mine ..... Think of it this way ... under the hood having a 13 to 1 compression motor and needing to use high octane gas .... 6-7 bucks a gallon ..... Cant wait .

It didn't stop me from driving my Duster in 2008 when gas prices were through the roof. I didn't drive it a lot, but I did drive it, especially when it was really hot/humid out.

The '74 had (still does) A/C, my Daily Driver at the time didn't (A dodge d50 with black vinyle interior) Which would you choose? :D Sure the little 4x4 truck was getting over double the mileage of my '74.

But No amount of fresh air (windows, sunroof and vents) moving into the cab of an all black vinyle interior truck will keep you from 'melting' to the seat :D air conditioning won out. :glasses7:

Heck my 340 burned up $10 of gas in 30 mins once--those darn M6's lol

Hell yeah I'm not driving my car as much. Heck if gas was $1 a gallon it might be hundreds of miles from home right now

Well, if you had a hybrid or an electric car, you'd be driving more, and be politically correct while doing it.

...and having zero fun. :banghead:

I have 2 diesel Rams, 2 gas powered pick ups, and 2 Swingers. Last week I spend $840 on gas and diesel fuel. :angry7:

I have to agree...My Dustpan is weekend and some week night cruiser....gas is 4.29 here is spots and Race gace is 12.00 a gallon for 109 unleaded...so...as often and it get driven...I'll fill the tank...my 2010 Explorer takes over 60.00 to fill and I have to have it everyday for my job...so a little kick in the wallet to enjoy the Dustpan...I'll do it....

not all may agree...but I didnt build this car to have it sit.

:burnout:

And the worst part of this is that gas was 4.19 on Sunday. It went up 10 cents in 1 damn day. :mumum:

*about 10 miles south of you*

I paid 4.45 a gal 2 days ago. Cost me over 90 bucks to fill up my Ram.When i was a teenager id throw 5 bucks in my dart and cruze all weekend!lol

I hate that me, Dustpan and the few others in the Milwaukee area all have some of the highest gas prices in the US other than California. WTF? Why are we sudden having the highest prices when before we were in the middle of the pack? It's the whole of SE WI and the Chicago area that has high prices and everyone one else around the US is at least 30-40 cents cheaper. (with a few exceptions scattered about Ill and other parts of the US)

http://www.wisconsingasprices.com/Price_By_County.aspx

Was $4.05 yesterday, today $4.15 and thats for the 87 stuff

Putted around town for a bit today--the thing seems to get decent mpg if you putt around 30--40 mph with a light foot. Funny how 4 months you can lose the touch. Floored it once al the way through second, hit 3rd and let up..still have yet to punch it in 1st, seems fast enough mid throttle...how nice for a car to move ahead as the pedal starts to go down.

This could get addicting, ha ha

Gas is $4.30/gal in CA. Just run the numbers. Average cost to operate the average new car is $0.55/mi per fed govt, based on car cost, repairs, gas, tag, etc. If I get 20 mpg, gas costs me $0.22/mi. Double that for those with a big block, wild cam, or monster carb. I didn't pay near the >$15K cost of a new car for my A's, so much head-room to improve my cars.

If you already have a newer car that gets better mileage and is tagged, the fixed costs are "water under the bridge", so by all means drive it.

I expect to get closer to 30 mpg once I finish modernizing my old engines. Add in that I can fix my older cars easier and cheaper, and I am happy to keep Moparing. Anyway, I bike to work most days and only use my car for company travel.

I imagine I'll see even less seat time this summer.

Don't make fun but I inherited a VW Rabbit Diesel pickup from my father-in-law. I've tooled around town for the past 5+ weeks on a single small tank of fuel.

When you consider newer cars go DOWN in value--is getting 3 times the mpg really saving you money in the long run ? So long as no accidents happen and the weather is dry these oldies cars will hold their value or even go up 5--10 years from now. What will a $25,000 new car be worth 10 years from now

..........I dont drive my cars as much anymore as we do lots of camping and fishing....but the price of life goes up every day.........kim........

I drive my duster (225/904/2.76's) WAYYY MORE than my 99' dakota (5.2L/42RE/3.55's) because the mileage is literally twice as good in the city!!! I think slant 6's and economy small blocks will be the new hot ticket because you can still enjoy your vintage american iron while not blowing a hole in your wallet...it's a win win in my opinion:mrgreen:

Well it doesn't stop me from going to do what I like to do ski/windsurf/ surf / sea kayak all in the dart. It's the weekend car, I drive my van's at work enough and the dart is way more fun.
gasprices.jpg
DodgedartGrassypoint.jpg

I drive my duster (225/904/2.76's) WAYYY MORE than my 99' dakota (5.2L/42RE/3.55's) because the mileage is literally twice as good in the city!!! I think slant 6's and economy small blocks will be the new hot ticket because you can still enjoy your vintage american iron while not blowing a hole in your wallet...it's a win win in my opinion:mrgreen:

Yeah but then your car doesn't drive any better then the newer cars. I have a 21 mpg car that has heated seats, great brakes, is super quiet..it just doesn't shoot out forward when ask

I put up with 10--11 mpg cause my 340 can kick when needed. Nothing like feeling the front end lift up as you go--and drop back down when you let right up. The 3.91 gears are staying put, they feel just right--in fact yesterday it seem to wanted 4.10's..sure glad I did not go buying 28 inch tall tires, staying with the 27 inchers

Is that octane rating the "R+M/2" method , Motor Octane Number or Research Octane Number ?
If you guys have 98 octane (R+M/2) , and it's free of that damned Ethanol , then $6.50 / gallon sounds good !

I live in California , and our prices here are second only to Hawaii as far as expense ! $4.50 - $4.70 per gallon for 91 octane , E90 , oxygenated garbage .

Pretty sure its Ron, our cheap **** is 91octane then our plus is 95 and premium is 98octane

I wish it was 3.99 in CA. about 4.70 for high test right now.

Wish there was a quick fix but there isn't. Anything we do now will help long term but its going to be an expensive summer. Hopefully if enough people stay home and use less fuel. supply and demand will bring prices down but i doubt it.

Also I am in favor of drilling and new piplines. but i wont go any more political then that.

I blame starbucks coffee and stadium beer prices. Gas companies got jealous that people pay that much for that crap so they jumped in. People dont have balls enough to protest it. Iam not spending $35,000 get 8 more to the gallon. Iam driving my car the volt can kiss my 2@**$#*&%&)*(#%. Done venting time to drive!

-
Back