Anyone pulling the A body out of storage yet?

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
It's 63 degrees on March 10th in Minnesota. That just doesn't happen here. The snow is almost all gone and the sun is shining. I'm starting the Dart tonight. I may not be able to resist going for a spin, but it hasn't rained and there is salt on the roads, so I'll probably back it into the driveway and let it run for a while. Anyone else pulling theirs out soon?

Was I not supposed to be driving it to the store and stuff? It's only sat still through the worst of the ice and snow. Luckily they don't really salt around here in Tulsa. I would definitely prefer she only see the spring and summer though. I wouldn't take either of mine out in the salt.

I never put it in storage. Been mowing the lawn since beginning of February. strange for this area also. Fortunately they never salt here they use chains or studded tires for bad weather.

Also waiting waiting with all the salt and magnesium chorlide on the roads here in CT it will be a few more weeks. should be enough time to refit gauge cluster new seat belts and maybe upgrade front disc's and fit some to the rear.

I had the Barracuda uncovered today and running for a while till the temp gauge was good and hot. Can't take it out yet everything around here is so sloppy from all the snow melting. I think it got up in the lower 50's today and is going to be in the upper 50's tomorrow. All the snow is melted on top of the lake, it's just one big puddle right now. just a tease I'm sure it will get cold again and we will still have one more ice storm. The drive can wait a little longer.
Bob

I hear ya, man! 2 brutal Winters back to back before this one here in Minnesota.
Just got the rebuilt tranny back in it on Saturday (my first tranny overhaul) and took it for a very short test drive to confirm it all works. Working on the right fender tonight which is off the car. Got the itch in a bad way, what a beautiful day today!

-Doug

Waiting for my valve cover gaskets to come then I can button up the top of my engine. If the weather stays like this I may be taking it out for a short test drive.. Although I prefer not to drive it until we get a least 1 good rain to wash all the salt off the roads.

temps here have been good took mine out for a run had to warm up the tire's after sitting ,cant wait until weather breaks for good.

The snow all melted away so I could at lest open the door and let some sun shin in on her. I am looking at doing a bunch to it in the next 7 days the way the weather is looking ahead of us here in northeast Arkansas :cheers:

I refuse to drive any of my classics when there is salt and cinders on the road.
Plus the state road will need a month or so to patch the craters in the road.

It's 63 degrees on March 10th in Minnesota. That just doesn't happen here. The snow is almost all gone and the sun is shining. I'm starting the Dart tonight. I may not be able to resist going for a spin, but it hasn't rained and there is salt on the roads, so I'll probably back it into the driveway and let it run for a while. Anyone else pulling theirs out soon?

Got the itch today myself, but can't see the roads for all the salt on them. I'm letting all the bikers have at it for now, but soon, very very soon.

The Duster may see the light of day by April! They used so much salt here on the roads it will probably take 3-4 good rains to wash it off! Still have about 12 inches of snow on the ground, and where the Duster is at there is about 2-3 feet!

Drove Rex for the second time this year today. Certainly didn't have enough snow this winter to justify too much salt on the roads.........not that Rex cares about that! :D

Attachments

• IMG_1864.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 241
Going to be a while yet. Still have a couple of feet of snow but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Can't wait to get my stress relief device back on the road.

Steve

It's raining like a S.O.B. here, so hopefully it'll clean the salt off the roads.
But I'm giving the Duster the eye pretty hard!

Mines coming out this weekend. Plenty of rain to wash away the salt. It is supposed to rain this weekend but I'll pull wheels off my mustang and put them on the dart if I have to. In the winter we seal out big door on the shop so the heat doesn't get out. This weekend will be the weekend that door gets opened in three months.

It's raining like a S.O.B. here, so hopefully it'll clean the salt off the roads.
But I'm giving the Duster the eye pretty hard!

Maybe this weekend we can cruise up to frisches and see if anyone is hanging out.

-
Back