Anyone running a Stree/Strip 9 1/2 Dynamic converter

-
I feel your pain bud! :) Why bother with headers if you can't run 'em open at the race track? 12.80 sounds pretty good for the combo you have there - excellent! Keep flogging on it and you'll do even better.

thanks... i got this dynamic sittin in the garage, and a rebuilt tranny on the way... I CANT WAIT!

You've got a 904 in there don't you? Do you know what year the tranny is? I want to put the 904 back behind the 360 in my Valiant this time, but it's a 66 and I believe there's some small differences between the 66 and the later ones which makes it difficult to find converters for them. Good luck with yours, and don't you just love waiting for one part when you have another new one ready to go. :)

OldVart said:
You've got a 904 in there don't you? Do you know what year the tranny is? I want to put the 904 back behind the 360 in my Valiant this time, but it's a 66 and I believe there's some small differences between the 66 and the later ones which makes it difficult to find converters for them. Good luck with yours, and don't you just love waiting for one part when you have another new one ready to go. :)

i might be wrong, but the early ones had smaller input shafts, you can either change the input shaft, or get a newer tranny. i'm not the expert on that tho...

the tranny I have in there now is from my 68 cuda, and sent out a low gearset 89 tranny to go in next with the dynamic.

got the dynamic in a few days ago...

WOW! what a difference, puts the car upin the powerband right away...

I could never spinn the tires and make the car go sideways from a 30 MPH stomp...with the caps closed before!

cant wait to get it to the track, right after carlisle!

i'll keep ya updated

cool deal! still waiting on mine, hopefully be here tomorrow. my current converter is just not cuttin it. Take off from a slight roll its real tricky throttle/car speed to get the dang thing to flash.most of the time it just bogs down like it does at the track. Cant WAIT for that dynamic to get here and in.

Well, the restalled unit is back in the car, and seems to be dead on stall wise what we ordered. I'll know more when the wheel studs are in and I can drive it, but it felt good breaking in the new gears and playing a little in the shop.

GoodysGotaCuda said:
Density Altitude my friend. Makes 2,100ft tracks have 5,100ft air (depending on the weather). :wack:

Ever notice no one ever mentions the...."Best ET _ _. _ _ at unreal freakish once in a lifetime mine shaft conditions"....just an observation :lol:

I used a 10" Dynamic in my 70, 440 Cuda. Worked great. My 69 has a 8" Turbo Action that also works great and is 20 years old.

TMP67 said:
Ever notice no one ever mentions the...."Best ET _ _. _ _ at unreal freakish once in a lifetime mine shaft conditions"....just an observation :lol:

Theres a huge difference between 5,000+ ft and saying 'what it would run 0 ft when all the moons align'. Are you saying that if i went to say....texas where the d/a is about 1,700 this time of year i wouldnt do better? :poke:

GoodysGotaCuda said:
Theres a huge difference between 5,000+ ft and saying 'what it would run 0 ft when all the moons align'. Are you saying that if i went to say....texas where the d/a is about 1,700 this time of year i wouldnt do better? :poke:

My tounge-in-cheek point was no one ever mentions the "0 ft. perfect aligned moons" conditions of a best ET/MPH. If anything gets mentioned it's "13.05, bad air, spinning, old gas, and the extra weight of 2 grande burrito's I had for lunch (Subtle message..... it's REALLY a high 12 second car). Relax, not a dig on your car, just havin' some fun. :) :jocolor:

BTW, the 9.5" Dynamic is a great converter! In my old 360 crate motored Coronet wagon I went 12.49 best (in cool weather, tail wind, fresh gas, national event quality prepped starting line and fresh off a 50 lb. weight loss from the Adkins diet) :lol:

wish me luck! converter is due to go in tomorrow, id start tonight but i have to drive to work lol. I'm puttin it in bright n early tomorrow AND at 5,000ft d/a! lol

New converter is in. abosolutely awesome so far. been outdriving twice. from a dead stop is no comparison to the old converter. Looks like there is a track outing the 21st and the 11th. 21st is a joke as far as cars, 300some odd cars, huge lines, ricers draggin water to the line. 11th is much better track prep/more passes. i think im gonna suck it up and have to wait for the 11th lol. oh its gonna kill me.

moper said:
Ok...so..it's the 13th...How'd she run?

Sorry shoulda clarified

GoodysGotaCuda said:
New converter is in. abosolutely awesome so far. been outdriving twice. from a dead stop is no comparison to the old converter. Looks like there is a track outing the 21st of July and the 11th of August. 21st is a joke as far as cars, 300some odd cars, huge lines, ricers draggin water to the line. 11th is much better track prep/more passes. i think im gonna suck it up and have to wait for the 11th lol. oh its gonna kill me.

LOL..oh...sorry. I should have known. In the meantime, practice your launches and burnout techniques.. ;)

got mine in - lol you gonna love this line - CONDITIONS WERE HORRIBLE - but i did get a new best 60' time with the dynamic.

previous best was 1.93 - november air - 40 degrees, moons alined, correct angle of the dangle...etc
new best is 1.88 - 85 degrees, 100% humidity, bad track prep, blah blah blah... but i did get a good 60'

most guys were off thier best by 1-2- 10ths... so I am VERY hapy - i would have been in the 2.0 60' area with the old converter!

here are 2 pix... before the dynamic... in november, moons aligned....etc

cuda1.jpg

and after the converter....
you can see some sidewall wrinkle and more front end rise! but bad conditions!
7-14-1D_076.jpg

I'm running a Dynamic 9-1/2" and I need to send it back. It's too tight. I need about 800 rpm more stall.

Anyone have a problem with there's (specifically the converter bolts) hitting the top edge of your dust cover on the bellhousing? I didnt think my cover was bent but dang did those bolts snag the top lip.

-
Back