Anyone running Crosswind Intake?

-

GoFish

Have impressive member
Reaction score
Anyone running a Professional Products Crosswind Intake on their smallblock? I'm going fuel injection, and they have the bosses cast in. Any feedback appreciated...

Dont remember anyone running this intake with fuel injection, but I do remember the huge contreversy about it on the site. Made in China, Edelbrock knock-off, buy American, etc,etc. #-o

Honestly, I tried one. It had porosity issues, machining issues, the aluminum was very brittle, so I have my doubts about it's quality.... Also, by switching to an RPM air gap, we had to jet up 3 sizes because it moves a lot more air. I wont use another one.

I am running it on a early model (68) 318 with a Barry Grant carb and Edelbrock heads. I have always had a problem with an oil leak on the front pass side. I have tried everything and cannot get it to quit. Also I have noticed that the intake bolts do not seat properly. After going through the catalogs I found out that it is made to fit 340s, 360s, and LATE MODEL 318s. I verified it through Proffesional Products also. When I get the chance I am going back with a Mopar Performance intake.

X

i have one but wont be using it until sometime next year...i am going to use it on a set of eddy magnum heads.

i had it bolted on a LA engine with eddy heads to see how it fit and did not have any problems...

Honestly, researched and asked about this intake too. Found much the same info. Ended up buying an M1 mopar magnum intake off ebay for less money than a new crosswind. Mine has never even been run. Was used for mock up only.

I have been burned by chinese crap one too many times. I buy Canadien/American now whenever possible. Unfortunately,sometimes I have no choice due to selection.

I actually drove an hour out of my way to buy a Leupold scopre for my rifle because the only stuff available local was Crappese.

Same thing I heard, there very brittle and crack easily. Poor machining. Went with a Mopar M1 instead.

Buy the "real" one..buy the Edelbrock,the one made in America..

What kind of fuel injection are you going to? Which motor, the magnum or the old A.

I will say that there is an advantage to the crosswind over the Magnum Air Gap, in that it uses the LA style hose routing and water neck, whereas the Edelbrock Magnum uses the Magnum stuff.

I've had experience with the Pro Products Ford stuff and it's junk.

Steve

I have had one on my 360 now for 25,000 miles and do not have any complaints. Can't say how it compares power wise with anything else because I built the engine with it. The machining was fine it fit with no issues and hasn't had any issues since the engine was first fired up in 05.

The one time I was parked next to another mopar sb with an Air Gap I can tell you its no more of a knock off than any other two intakes of the same type for the same engine. The other visual comparison I could make was that the overall finish of the casting was finer than the edlebrock.

CompleteRightSide.jpg

I'm using the F.A.S.T. XFI injection system with Eddy LA heads.

Well, the decision to use the Crosswind or not has been taken out of my hands. I wanted the dual plane (for better low-rpm torque), air gap style with the cast-in nitrous bosses to ease fuel rail installation. My engine builder checked and said they don't make it for Mopar small block engines.

A neighbor of mine is friends with the owner of Professional Products so we called him last night. He confirmed that they don't have the bosses cast on the dual plane Mopar intakes. Kind of pisses me off, cause they show it on their website. Guy actually told me I should buy an Edelbrock. So I guess I'm getting the Eddy Super Victor EFI that is single plane, but is already drilled for the fuel rails.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Gee! My mopar sb Crosswind has the bosses! You can just see the one on cylinder number one in the picture above.

??? Sure seems strange. Can't argue with the photos. Don't know why he'd tell me they don't make them.

Screw it! I shouldn't have to fight with someone to give them money...I'm going with the Eddy.

not sure why those are cast in them. I dont think there's enough meat there to machine for the )-rings... I may be mistaken... but that may be why they say no.

Talked to the owner of Professional Products again yesterday and moper hit the nail on the head. He said that those bosses are for nitrous only, and that there isn't enough meat there for fuel injection. Also, there is no mounting provision on the Crosswind intake for the fuel rails. He again told me to go with the Eddy Super Victor EFI. The fuel injection can be tuned to take care of my low-end torque concerns.

Thanks for all the good info!

Have You Looked At Huges Engines. They Are Modifying The Air Gap To Be Used On The Magnum Heads With Fuel Injection.

I have one that I will be using soon. It looks like a nice product

Yeah, I saw that when I bought my stud girdle from Hughes. Unfortunately, I'm using LA heads...

-
Back