Anyone use Autometer dash cluster

-

72dustervs

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got experience with this setup , Pros vs Cons ?

1687989322600.png

Spring for the GPS speedo, will always be accurate

I have one that is being installed into my 72 Swinger, and one of their other dashes in our 58 Chevy Truck.

Modern and accurate.

I've got one in mine, I used Ultra Lite guages that I had laying for it. No complaints. It doesn't come with provisions for turn signals or high beam indicator, so you'd have to get some lights for those.

Edited to add a pic, not the best pic, but you can see the indicators I used.

20220626_163456.jpg

I want to go this route for my sons 68 Valiant, probably need to modify the dash a bit

I've got one in mine, I used Ultra Lite guages that I had laying for it. No complaints. It doesn't come with provisions for turn signals or high beam indicator, so you'd have to get some lights for those.

Edited to add a pic, not the best pic, but you can see the indicators I used.

View attachment 1716108339

Mine came with some LED's for the turn signals and high beams

Did you get a complete package with the gauges too? I bought just the panel, since I had most of the gauges laying around already. Maybe that's why I didn't get any.

Did you get a complete package with the gauges too? I bought just the panel, since I had most of the gauges laying around already. Maybe that's why I didn't get any.
Same. When you buy just the panel, that's all you get is just the panel.

Thanks for all the reply's , I will get one eventually but its a ways off , got to get car finished in other areas first , like painted an interior installed , doesn't take long to watch 30k vanish lol

I want to go this route for my sons 68 Valiant, probably need to modify the dash a bit
If its the flat speedo then its more than a bit... its a **** ton of modify to the dash frame to get the one for the later cars to fit. Personally I 3d printed a new dash, it fits and gives me 8 gauge openings.

If its the flat speedo then its more than a bit... its a **** ton of modify to the dash frame to get the one for the later cars to fit. Personally I 3d printed a new dash, it fits and gives me 8 gauge openings.
I have this one, plus also I dont have a 3D printer.

20221216_144448.jpg

Oh yeah no, that's the larger style opening compared to the one in my winter. The original speedo is like 1.5-2" tall and went across the dash.
Yeah when I bought the car I was glad it had this type over the other like my Dart had the one like you had.

Would you mind sharing the model file for the one you printed? Step file if possible, I've been working on one myself, but it keeps getting pushed to the back burner whenever something else comes up.

signal-2023-07-01-20-57-42-054.png

I put nut certs in for the top bolts and use magnets for the bottom. Had to print in two pieces and used Acetone to fuse it all together (printed it in ASA). Ended up taking 50 iterations to get things to form around the headlight and wiper switches.

NewDartDash v50.jpg

-
Back