Anyone use these electric fans?

-
It’s just the OE dual electric fans from a 1995-2000 Ford Contour v6. Same fans and install information I posted above in post 14.

Tried and true, OE designed electric fans designed to last 100k miles plus. And yeah, $150 for a 2 speed, dual electric fan set up that flows ~3000 CFM on low speed, close to 5k CFM on high speed and fit well on a 26” radiator

I just contacted Dorman after seeing a negative review on YouTube from one of the Mustang guys, and the specs from Dorman tech Nicholas Paris are:

The Left side fan is 1007 cfm

The right is 1114cfm

They both draw 5.8amp each

Looks to be 1 amp rating

So it looks like I'm better off with junkyard parts, IF I can find some!

I just contacted Dorman after seeing a negative review on YouTube from one of the Mustang guys, and the specs from Dorman tech Nicholas Paris are:

The Left side fan is 1007 cfm

The right is 1114cfm

They both draw 5.8amp each

Looks to be 1 amp rating

So it looks like I'm better off with junkyard parts, IF I can find some!

Is that for the Contour fans or the VW?

The Contour fans are the same left/right and should have 2 ratings per side since there's a low and high speed.

I'm actually not sure how the VW OEM setup works, but I figured I'd use a thermostat controlled relay. Unless something prevents me from doing so?

If you go with electric you might consider the controller to control relays.
This way the relays will take the amp load instead of your more expensive controller.

I have a thermostatic controller and it’s accompanying relay sitting on the shelf, as well as the 17” S blade fan.

Got tired of feeling like I had to keep an eye on temperature and pulled it all off and went with a 18” clutched fan.

Hint Hint :D

Look into the Ferd Taurus fan. It’s a 2 speed fan with shroud. That’s what I have on my Barracuda with A/C works great. Can get the link to copy

IMG_4837.jpeg

Look into the Ferd Taurus fan. It’s a 2 speed fan with shroud. That’s what I have on my Barracuda with A/C works great. Can get the link to copy

View attachment 1716194213

Also a very capable fan used in a lot of hot rods and electric fan conversions. It fits a 22” radiator though, whereas the Contour set up fits a 26” radiator.

Is that for the Contour fans or the VW?

The Contour fans are the same left/right and should have 2 ratings per side since there's a low and high speed.

I reached out to Mr. Paris at Dorman again to confirm that he has looked at the correct model for the specs, since as 72bluNblu pointed out that both fans should have the same speed, and that each has a low and high, and this was his reply:

"That is what our drawing calls out,

Have a good weekend"

Go figure. I'll call the number in person, I think.

-
Back