Anyone's wife the same as mine?????

-
Jamie has driven my dart to work, to different shows that I couldn't make, a long cruise in md when we were there, hell she even ran a high 12 second quarter mile in it. She isn't afraid to drive it at all.

Treva would and can if she needed to, so far she has never had to or wanted to.
Now getting her to go to the track is almost imposable and no way would she take any car down the track. :D
I new your car had to be good for a 12 second 1/4 mile 8) I would like your suspension upgrades one day and leave my 170/ in it.

Back to subject 8)

Well, when we were first married, Wendy had to take my 64 Belvedere to work one day. When she got home she told me she was in the right lane at a stop light and could see it was going to end after the intersection so when the light turned green she stomped on the pedal!! Her comment..."Wow, is that car fast"!!! Ever since then she's been hooked on Mopars, so to keep her in the hobby and giver her a car of her own, I spent the next 10 years building the blue 66 in my avatar for her!! Now she wants a convertible, so I bought a 66 Valiant Signet vert that I am going to make a clone of the blue 66 for her, and I'm going to take over the reins of the Cuda. Do I have the same problem?? I think not!!! Geof

That is so cool :blob::cheers:

Treva would and can if she needed to, so far she has never had to or wanted to.
Now getting her to go to the track is almost imposable and no way would she take any car down the track. :D
I new your car had to be good for a 12 second 1/4 mile 8) I would like your suspension upgrades one day and leave my 170/ in it.

Back to subject 8)

My darts 12 second runs are a thing of the past. Lucky if it breaks into the 15's now with the stock low compression 360 that's in it now.

Well my gf dont see things as i do she was ok with my last car and my rat dakota but u should have seen her face when i showed up with the barracda lol that was funny she said u traded off lucy for this rusty car i told her yup i sure did aint it nice lol she said shes not stepping foot in the barracuda tell its done lol she dont een look at the poor car lol

When I dragged mine home the wife just looked at it and said, "you payed what for that piece of junk?". After 2 1/2 years of dismantling and reassembly the way I wanted it she was quite impressed with it. Then I took her for a little drive. She thought it was loud and made weird noises and road like a hay wagon. Then I took her for a 1/4 mile blast. She has never wanted to get behind the wheel again. She is scared to death of it. Did the same with one of my daughters, I don't think she has stopped shaking yet. LOL

Jack

this summer we installed new flooring and the Demon was in the driveway
while I was painting the baseboards in the garage on sawhorses.

my wife asked if she could take the Demon around the block. I passed her the keys and she left. I was quite nervous as she drove away and watched as the car rumbled off.

a few minutes later she pulled back in the driveway, did not shut the car off and motioned me to come over. my first thought was...on no...now what???

she had one of those priceless grins on her from ear to ear and asked me
"can I go again?" she loved the looks and thumbs up as she drove around.

since then she as been content to be a passenger. her only complaint with the car is that it does not have a "holy **** handle" like my 4x4 truck!

My wife has absolutely no interest-none-in my "Old Metal." My daughters, however, are car nuts...especially the older one

My wife will not even ride in my 67 barracuda. She has asked me to sell it for over 15 years. I still have not given in and plan never to sell it. She just loves her 2001 Monte Carlo SS and wil not part with that. She does like riding in my RAM extended Cab 1500.

When the car is done my wife has siad she would love to drive it. Issue is going to be the manual steering. She did drive the Fairlane a few times, but it has power steering, and a clutch.

my fiancee (may as well be my wife) loves driving my scamp. if for nothing else but the fact that it gets her lots of attention when someone sees her driving it lol. although i dont think id let her take it out alone because she wouldnt know what to do if something went wrong. but i enjoy that she enjoys it. i also enjoy that she understands my obsession with cars. it does have an auto and power steering, so thats good but it also has manual brakes, which she does fine with.

My wife comes out and helps me work on the cars and other projects I have and loves to go out for a drive. I drive all the time but think she would if I let her. She loves it and even got a quad so she could go sand duning with me out in Glamis. She is also a big help when I am down about some thing with one of the cars an talks me up again.

I have yet to teach my girlfriend to drive my car yet. Since teenage drivers are usually bad drivers, especially female ones, I told her I wanted to ride with her in her car first. I've rode with her several times and I know for a fact that I can trust her with my Dart more than I can trust myself. Only for the fact that I beat the **** out my car sometimes and she ALWAYS drives by the handbook. The only thing I'd worry about though is if she could handle the manual brakes.

DISCLAIMER: I drive very well... When I feel like it. I have a policy to only dog it when I'm alone.

My wife was very supportive on this project, it was my moms first car and now it is ours. This is a 3 on the tree car. After a couple of rides my wife was ready to give it a try. She is ready to drive it now. Once I get all the bugs out of it she will probably drive it to work on the nice days.

100_2877.jpg
[/IMG]
Btw, never seen whitewalls on cragars before... interesting.

My ex wife used to drive a Volkswagon and one day she asked me if she could drive when I picked her up in my car.
I said sure why not.
It was just barely sprinkling rain and she asked what to do when she got in the drivers seat.
I told her to point it in the direction she wanted to go and give it some gas.
Three 360 spins across main street and into a school parking lot before she let off the gas.
That was it, she never drove it again.:prayer::grin:

mine supports my addiction 100%. she loves driving the valiant and is currently helping with my d100 whenever she can. my boys love my mopars and my 4yr old girl informed me she wants a hot rod louder and faster than mine lol

Was surfing Ebay motors and dreaming. My fiancee looked at what i was looking at and said nice car. 72 Challenger. ( picture in advitar ) that week she said lets take a drive. I said where to. She said Bull Head City. Long story short. SHE bought the car for a Christmas present. Talk about a nice RIDE back home....

My wife thinks my car is cool looking and gets a kick out of seeing how others react to it (she loves to tell the story of the BMW owner who followed me home one day and got very excited about my car), but she's quite nervous about riding in it, much less driving it. This is understandable, though, since she went through a windshield as a kid when she was riding in a Corvair w/o seat belts in a snow storm with her parents. To her credit, she will ride with me short distances when the roads are dry (which is the only time I take the car out anyway).

Wow, I guess some of us are luckier than others..... My love supports my Mopar addiction 100%. She will help me buy parts, and finds big blocks for me to buy..... She can't wait for me to finish my Dakota 390 project so she can drive it......Now she's told me she wants to take the Dart down the track as well. I'm all for it. Just have to teach her how to launch at 5k rpms, and make sure she is strong enough for the clutchless manual trans, than she can have the keys.

Was surfing Ebay motors and dreaming. My fiancee looked at what i was looking at and said nice car. 72 Challenger. ( picture in advitar ) that week she said lets take a drive. I said where to. She said Bull Head City. Long story short. SHE bought the car for a Christmas present. Talk about a nice RIDE back home....

You better get hitched to this one she is a keeper!!

I thought I was going to be the only one with this circumstance, but I guess not:

Mine can appreciate classics and sports cars, but usually doesn't get overly excited.
Currently she has a Hyundai Elantra "GT".
She did test drive a used BMW Z3 once, and when I met her, she had a 4.3L 5 spd S10 pickup.

She likes A body Barracudas (both Gen I and Gen II) and would probably drive one IF it was a stick!

Thanks Guy's keep them coming--HAY I'm not alone in this one YIPPIE this is a nice clean fun thread lets keep going with the stories--Hey what about the first time you took your wife out and lit them up----My wife had a grin from ear to ear and said do it again,do it again!!!! well 1 summer and three sets of tires later,You guy's should see our drive way HE HE HE she only bitches when the wind is blowing from the north and the house gets filled with smoke.Man that smell stays in the garage for a couple day's--Steve

My wife help me with my 71 Scamp with a 440, but she will never drive it. But she likes to drive my 65 Dart, my daught also drives the 65 Dart. I always try to get them to burn alittle tire like in the picture.
I really like your car.

My wife comes out and helps me work on the cars and other projects I have and loves to go out for a drive. I drive all the time but think she would if I let her. She loves it and even got a quad so she could go sand duning with me out in Glamis. She is also a big help when I am down about some thing with one of the cars an talks me up again.
And she is one of the nicest people I have ever met. She is a saint.

-
Back