Arizona FABO Members Local Shows & Events Interest

-
I could probably use the wheel for my 71 Scamp. Shoot me a PM!

I am up by Tatum and Bell. Someone else asked about it. first come first serve. BTW NO Charge.
send me a pm and tell me when you can be here and I will send you the address

Attachments

• 20160216_113252.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 2016-02-16 11.37.02.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 217
Hey all!! I'm new to Mopar and expect I'll be in this car for the next 18 months or so. I'm in Mesa and have a 68 Cuda Convertible. I expect to have it up and running mostly in the next few weeks and then would love to hit the pavs on a Saturday night! My daily is an 11 Camaro SS convertible or 98 Z28, but don't hate, because in the end it is all about the love of cars we have (as long as it is Detroit bred).

Terry

Where in Mesa. I live just off The 202 off of Recker

Think I'll pass on the wheel. Mine looks about the same.

I had not looked at the wheel for 3 years. so when I saw it, I would not give you the address until you saw it also

I also have a factory A/C compressor that has been converted to R134, that I am not using. It has a leak at the shaft. They have shaft sealing kits that will fix this leak.
I switched over to a new/different A/C unit, so I do not need this.

Again the price is right $0

Saturday February 20th is Mopar night at the Pavilions. Hope to see a few members there :thumbup:

Fingers crossed!
If I dont drive the wagon maybe I'll take the wifes Jag:burnout::D
Demon sure aint ready yet :banghead:
but its getting closer by the day...:toothy1:

Well I missed the Mopar night at the pavilions. I have been busy working on a sand rail. Sounds bad since my duster is sitting there needing work. But I need to feel I can complete something and the rail seemed like a good option. It has been sitting for 15 yrs. I'm almost done and then off to the Duster. It is almost stripped getting ready for paint and body which I need to send to someone. Who is always the question. Its a pretty straight car. Just needs new life.

Hope to meet some of you in the future, I have been out of the scene for a very long time, I did just get a shark tooth grill, so I think I have all the hard to find stuff I want, Now just lots of elbow grease.

CC

Well I missed the Mopar night at the pavilions. I have been busy working on a sand rail. Sounds bad since my duster is sitting there needing work. But I need to feel I can complete something and the rail seemed like a good option. It has been sitting for 15 yrs. I'm almost done and then off to the Duster. It is almost stripped getting ready for paint and body which I need to send to someone. Who is always the question. Its a pretty straight car. Just needs new life.

Hope to meet some of you in the future, I have been out of the scene for a very long time, I did just get a shark tooth grill, so I think I have all the hard to find stuff I want, Now just lots of elbow grease.

CC

I am doing mine myself. What I do not know, I will learn. Why not do the paint and body yourself, also

Just never done any paint and body, I probably could but it doesn't really interest me. I enjoy the rest. Plus there's some fab work I will do. I want it to look good, it will be a driver, not a show car, hopefully pavilions worthy in a sense. Truthfully I have had a few duster through the years. Started right after high school. Now I can do what I want, more freedom. Mine is a 70, 360 727 floor shift (Not stock). Funny thing is I should probably put my efforts in a couple others I bought on a whim. I have two others, a 75 Dart Sport 318 4 speed and a 73 340 4 speed, both need restoration, but its awesome yard art. Maybe later.

I've attached a copy of the flier for the Feb 21st Show & Shine at Larry Miller Dodge in Avondale.

It's free to enter. The dealer may give out some awards, not sure yet. They are providing hot dogs to those who enter and Mopars Unlimited will have sodas and water.

Should be a nice, fun, casual get together.

See you there.

Thanks,
ken

Here's a link to a video of the Show & Shine. No, I didn't take this.

:)

"]Larry H Miller Mopar Car Show 2016 - YouTube

You can see my Duster at 1:31 and 5:15 of the video.

:thumbrig:

Thanks,
ken

I need to meet people just to have some questions answered as I start to reassemble my convertible barracuda, hopefully running in about 3 weeks time

Just finished priming Natalie. Most of it looks great. The spots I was expecting a problem turned out quite nice. The problem sites are the ones I did not expect

At this point, it really does not warrant pictures. but next time you are going to drive near Bell Road and Tatum Blvd (48th street), let me know and you are always welcome here

I'm just down the road from you at 64th at and Bell.

I tentatively finished Natalie's body work and paint, yesterday.

This morning I started to cut and buff her.

Used 2500 grit on the first cut, of the worst sections. May have to go as low as 1500 grit for get her cut properly and then back to 2500. Then I go to buffing her.

As I have never done this before, or in some cases never seen it done, I think I have done a pretty fair job up to now

Used 2500 grit on the first cut, of the worst sections. May have to go as low as 1500 grit for get her cut properly and then back to 2500. Then I go to buffing her.

As I have never done this before, or in some cases never seen it done, I think I have done a pretty fair job up to now

An inspiration to us all to get out there and "Git er done" :D

How many coats of clear did you shoot?

Been a quite of while since I have been out in my 65 Cuda... Going to TRY to have it out at Mixteca (67th Ave & Bell Rd.) This Saturday ( 03/19/2016 ).... Most likely on the East side of parking lot since the MUSIC (that's what they call that Noise) is just to loud for me... Specially when Nancy is screaming into the mike!!!

Clif of Az. :coffee2:

I decided to shoot single stage paint. Have had too much trouble with clear in the past

Polyurathane? If so it needs to cure. I've seen that paint take up to 6 months. Fresh polyurethane will be soft until it fully cures. The hot Arizona sun should help.

Well, It's Saturday Morning and I'm at Dunkin Donuts with my 65 Cuda giving it a test run after doing some repairs... 1st - Piston seals in my calipers, as on the right front side there was a rather large pool of brake fluid from sitting for several months. And 2nd - The Carter AFB had sticking needle seats and would not close, thus flooding the engine!

Test seems to be successful with sold brake feel... and it ran "GREAT" !!!

So, if I don't over nap this afternoon, I should/WILL be at 67th & Bell (Mixteca)

-
Back