Arkansas Shed Find

-

"Dart67"

Reaction score
Not an A Body, But still a neat little 57 year old car.

I went with my friend Glenn today to Omaha, Arkansas to get this. 3hours 45 minutes each way.

1959 Nash Metropolitan.

The guy he bought it from found it in a shed near Eureka Springs Arkansas.

The lady he bought it from bought the car in 1987 with 65000 miles on it.

She parked it in the shed in 1989 with 66000 miles.

There is very little rust on the car. A couple of small places in the front floor pan and some rust through the top of the passenger side sill where the bottom door weather stripping hits it.

All the parts are there along with a spare hood, complete rear end assembly and five air cleaners.

As the guy he bought it from said, "there must have been a snake or two living in the car" as there are no chewed wires, upholstery or head liner and no stinky rodent smell.

The engine turns over, but we have not tried to start it yet, maybe tomorrow.

Herb

DSCF2213-1.jpg
DSCF2214-1.jpg
DSCF2215-1.jpg
DSCF2216-1.jpg

Always thought the little Metro was a cute little car - but I swore I'd never get in a car that I have to wear after I rode in an Isetta years ago.
There used to be a guy out here in SoCal that had an entire yard full of 'em. Must have had close to 20 just parked side-by-side.
There's a Metro I see in car shows from time to time with a blown BBC in it. It sounds nasty but I've never seen it under power at anything other than an idle.

Those are so cool. Here's a pic of a friends in town. Haven't studied under the hood but I believe it's a 5.7 Hemi.
Nash.jpg

I love that one Mike. There used to be an older man in Gordo that had several of them in different colors. He would drive them to work in Tuscaloosa daily. I am sure he is dead by now but don't know what happened to his cars. Kinda cute

had a friend who's dad owned one. Took it out for a spin and had t call dad from a payphone (remember those?) to ask "how the hell do you turn the lights on?" Seems there was a little 2 ended cable that was stored in the glove compartment that had to be plugged in to turn the lights on. Im sure it was a one off jimmy rig but I remember that story to this day. Didnt Lois Lane drive the big brother of this car, a big Nash Rambler?
282f83d41b99808a0ac52e543bce49e4.jpg

-
Back