ARP head bolts for Edelbrock RPM's

-

RAMCTD2003

340dart
Reaction score
I have the Edelbrock 60779 heads for my 360 and I know that they recommend a longer bolt on one of the holes on each head. I bought the ARP head bolts part# 144-3601. This part number doesn't have any bolts that are longer than the others on the inside of the head by the valves. I have LA heads on a magnum block. It says that they are for RPM LA heads. Will these bolts work or do I need something different? Thanks for looking.

Are you sure that is the right part number? I wouldn't knowmlooking at it. But ARP is what I used for my Edelbrock heads on my LA block.

I have ARP head bolts on my Edelbrock 60779 heads. According to the instructions which can be found here, they require one longer bolt and washer each. I think the bolt was even included with my heads. I just looked at mine today at the machine shop and nothing but ARP bolts here?!?

6E0F3401-F187-44E2-A142-9A3CAE2B6D5D_zpsluhc1s1b.jpg

I have ARP head bolts on my Edelbrock 60779 heads. According to the instructions which can be found here, they require one longer bolt and washer each. I think the bolt was even included with my heads. I just looked at mine today at the machine shop and nothing but ARP bolts here?!?

6E0F3401-F187-44E2-A142-9A3CAE2B6D5D_zpsluhc1s1b.jpg
Maybe that's the problem. I bought my heads from Mike at MRL and I didn't get head bolts with them.

144-3601 is correct for your application. They fit the W2 Chrysler, Edelbrock RPM and RaceMaster/ProComp heads. It should have 4 bolts that are longer than all the other ones. Yes they will work with the Magnum block.

144-3601 is correct for your application. They fit the W2 Chrysler, Edelbrock RPM and RaceMaster/ProComp heads. It should have 4 bolts that are longer than all the other ones. Yes they will work with the Magnum block.

My bad. That's the head bolt set I bought. It's been 2 years and I've taken so many parts to the machine shop, I've forgotten a bunch. Thanks for clearing that up.

It is entirely possible that you have the right set by part number, but the wrong bolts in the box. ARP is known to have some hiccups in packaging but they will almost always make it right. I've even had extra bolts in some of the packages...

I have the same heads and had arp head bolts for an LA block. Same problem. Arp makes a kit for the edelbrock heads with the long bolt. No difference between magnum and LA where the head mounts except magnum has no provision for oiling rocker shafts.

I double checked my bolts and they are all the same length.
The box has the right number on it but I think I got the wrong bolts.
I will go back to ARP and see if I can get the longer bolts.

Thanks for everybody's help!

The Eddie heads should come with ONE bolt. The rest can be bought from
Arp. I'm not posotive on the part number but I am posotive that my heads came with one bolt.

-
Back