Art Morrison Weld in IFS (coilover)

-

funkyflynz

Reaction score
Anyone running one of these or had any experience with one? Seems to be the best value for money coilover conversion i can find (if you willing to do a bit of work)

Looks fairly straight forward.

Any info apprecaited.

Well then I am sure you will be expecting to here that with the Alter-K you are paying for a well thought out, engineered kit that bolts in, no welding or butt scratching required. Have you thought about using Badarts coil over stuff??

Well then I am sure you will be expecting to here that with the Alter-K you are paying for a well thought out, engineered kit that bolts in, no welding or butt scratching required. Have you thought about using Badarts coil over stuff??

Thanks Doug. Here is the setup for about $750 with no permanent modification to the stock K member, just a small amount of welding. It includes adjustable uppers, adjustable lowers, adjustable strut rods and coilover adapters to the factory shock tower. All you need is coilovers and springs. It uses factory spindles, steering and brakes.

Attachments

• package deal.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 516
  • Suspension intall3.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 568
  • Display3.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 529
Thanks Doug. Here is the setup for about $750 with no permanent modification to the stock K member, just a small amount of welding. It includes adjustable uppers, adjustable lowers, adjustable strut rods and coilover adapters to the factory shock tower. All you need is coilovers and springs. It uses factory spindles, steering and brakes.

Ive just been over at your site checking it out, clever designs and use of factory k member. Very cool.

The reason i was looking at the AME and the RMS kits is because they convert to rack and pinion with the rack in front on the cross member, this is a massive bonus because of the clearance issues running a 6.1 hemi in an Australian valiant charger. They also allow me to easily run big wilwood brakes as they use the new wilwood spindle.

I looked into AME. From what I remember, their frame rails for the IFS were at 27" or about there. The dart rails are at 30" apart. So, you'd have to put different frame rails in, so you might as well get a clip.

That's the way I understood it, maybe I'm wrong about that, but to get the proper track width, you'd have to move the frame rails closer.

I looked into AME. From what I remember, their frame rails for the IFS were at 27" or about there. The dart rails are at 30" apart. So, you'd have to put different frame rails in, so you might as well get a clip.

That's the way I understood it, maybe I'm wrong about that, but to get the proper track width, you'd have to move the frame rails closer.

You are pretty much right, but they do kits for different frame widths, incl a 30", but with that size kit it pushes the track out to 62", which is about 3"-4" wider than stock. which means new front wheels!

You are pretty much right, but they do kits for different frame widths, incl a 30", but with that size kit it pushes the track out to 62", which is about 3"-4" wider than stock. which means new front wheels!
If I remember right the Alter K, with certain brake kits, widens the track causing issues with keeping it under the fenders.....

-
Back