As anyone used this ?

-

BillyBob0780

Reaction score
As anyone used Performance Injection Systems complete kits ?
I'm looking at converting my 73 Dart so mine starts and runs better. Also the UK has now gone to E10 fuel that contains Ethanol that people are reporting is wrecking fuel lines and carbs. I know Holley do kits but by the time you add all the extras needed to get it to work it costs fortune to ship to the UK. Thank You

E10 should not cause you any issues. We have been there for years, the carb rebuilders / rebuild kits have made their stuff compatible with higher ethanol content. If you have really old fuel lines they are probably ready for a change.

The biggest thing you MIGHT experiance is the fuel vaporizing in the lines / filter. There are a bunch of things you can do to help. Lots of posts with info.

I'm looking at converting my 73 Dart so mine starts and runs better. Also the UK has now gone to E10 fuel that contains Ethanol that people are reporting is wrecking fuel lines and carbs. I know Holley do kits but by the time you add all the extras needed to get it to work it costs fortune to ship to the UK. Thank You

That company is in Michigan. Wouldn't it cost just as much to ship their system to you?

He has quoted $170 shipping.... The Holley system is good ( as seen on many car shows) but everything it separate and that bumps the price up. This company sells they whole shooting match. I just want to know if anyone has used his stuff and if so how good it was/is.

He has quoted $170 shipping.... The Holley system is good ( as seen on many car shows) but everything it separate and that bumps the price up. This company sells they whole shooting match. I just want to know if anyone has used his stuff and if so how good it was/is.

Holley sells a 'master kit' for their sniper systems.
Holley Sniper 550-516K Holley Sniper EFI Self-Tuning Fuel Injection Systems | Summit Racing
Includes the whole shebang. Pump, filters, etc. Lots of other holley dealers also sell the same stuff, and might be easier on shipping than Summit? No idea.. but I do know that sometimes cheap shipping quotes don't include whatever taxes you may be liable for upon delivery - but I'm no expert, just bringing up what I've heard others mention.

From what I understand, you can also run timing with the sniper system, even withoutthe 'hyperspark' which they make you think you need for EFI controlled timing. The manual shows how to do that w/o the hyperspark add ons - they just don't guarantee it will work, but I'm running EFI controlled timing with a stock distributor on my FItech and it was pretty easy to do.

For the money, the sniper will be superior. The system you're asking about looks like a retooled TBI system that uses outdated equipment that is likely tougher to support and will be harder to find tuning help for. You might save money on shipping, but you're more likely to run into issues that will take longer to overcome.

All this TBI stuff is just slightly better than a good carb, and a whole lot more complicated. Consider MPFI. Have a single plane bunged for injectors and run a EECIV from a Ford or a GM system. Both are already "jailbroke" so you can reprogram them or just let the Ford learn itself. Mopar MPFI system is alot harder to reprogram. Just a counterpoint to the TBI fad.

I'm looking at converting my 73 Dart so mine starts and runs better.
click, vroom-vroom
that's the sound of my 11/1 compression 367HO coming to life on fresh or stabilized 87E10, with a 750DP on a hi-rise aluminum dual-plane intake. That Dakota mini starter is something else.
E10 is nothing to be afraid of.
87E10 is probably the fastest burning automotive gasoline we have ever had, since the beginning of time. Which is why I designed my engine to burn it.

IMO, before you start spending money, it would be a good idea to check the health of your engine. I would start with a compression test and followed by an LD test, with the pistons at the top.
If your engine is tired, converting it to EFI, IMO, is not the answer to your problem.

All this TBI stuff is just slightly better than a good carb, and a whole lot more complicated. Consider MPFI. Have a single plane bunged for injectors and run a EECIV from a Ford or a GM system. Both are already "jailbroke" so you can reprogram them or just let the Ford learn itself. Mopar MPFI system is alot harder to reprogram. Just a counterpoint to the TBI fad.
I'll tell ya Pishta, there are quite a few racers running some pretty impressive stuff with TBI and they are NO joke. Turbos, nitros, etc. I think the big reason TBI gets such a bad rap that "back when" the OEMs were doing it, they had half assed development going on, some of it was in the "bad years" trying to compete with imports, and electronics had simply not caught up

Sounds like the OP just has a mild engine that he wants better driveability out of . A carb will work .
My cars start as quick as as my wifes Acura. Even in below freezing temps... Its just a matter of tuning.
Edelbrock AVS2 in the 650 version would work great .

Hi Thanks for the answers. I was asking if anyone had used the vendors products. As before Holley's kits are too expensive and are not complete. You always have to buy other parts hence its not a"kit'.
I want drivability and the ability to use E10 in my experience carb rebuild kits never work well and the current carb on mine is a pain to start and when hot hesitates hence my wish to convert. So has anyone used his products ?

I'll tell ya Pishta, there are quite a few racers running some pretty impressive stuff with TBI and they are NO joke. Turbos, nitros, etc. I think the big reason TBI gets such a bad rap that "back when" the OEMs were doing it, they had half assed development going on, some of it was in the "bad years" trying to compete with imports, and electronics had simply not caught up
I agree with the 'racer' analogy: High rpm, max power, max throttle response. All velocity..TBI strengths....very high rpm race motors use a fogger system where the injectors are inches away from the intake ports, ala TBI. OP sounds like he is looking for a driver. Nice starts, good manners, maybe ease of operation? When I see a Mopar TBI setup and it has a throttle kicker..Yeah, thats a half assed development. MPFI is cheaper to manufacture also, works better for the street. Its just evolution.

Hi Thanks for the answers. I was asking if anyone had used the vendors products. As before Holley's kits are too expensive and are not complete. You always have to buy other parts hence its not a"kit'.
I want drivability and the ability to use E10 in my experience carb rebuild kits never work well and the current carb on mine is a pain to start and when hot hesitates hence my wish to convert. So has anyone used his products ?

The master kits are actually 'complete'. Read the contents lists. From fuel line and clamps and pumps, down to the throttle body setup - complete.

You're unlikely to find anyone with experience with the company you posted because there are better systems available than hacked over old Ford/GM TBI setups. Those are unique items with low sales volume, and the prices are still comparable to a Holley system.

You've already made up your mind to buy their system, so go ahead. Good luck.

I agree with the 'racer' analogy: High rpm, max power, max throttle response. All velocity..TBI strengths....very high rpm race motors use a fogger system where the injectors are inches away from the intake ports, ala TBI. OP sounds like he is looking for a driver. Nice starts, good manners, maybe ease of operation? When I see a Mopar TBI setup and it has a throttle kicker..Yeah, thats a half assed development. MPFI is cheaper to manufacture also, works better for the street. Its just evolution.

That's the problem with TBI: it has all the drawbacks carbs have with fuel distribution and wet flow. MPFI opens a whole new door, but sadly there's very few good intakes available for a SBM that truly take advantage of MPFI benefits. Would love a SBM version of the edel pro flo xt intake. Maybe then I'd blow the dough for an MPFI system.

Then, Edelbrock goes and shoots their pro flo 4 system in the foot by screwing up the distributor clearance on their MPFI intakes and making the ports 318 sized... nothing like paying top dollar and needing to invest a few grand more to make it work!

Examples please.

You are fooling and screwing yourself if you think this is a "good deal." THERE IS NOT ONE WORD in the destructions which talks about changing / tuning the fuel map or advance curve. "According to them" you just wire it up and start it up. Nonsense. Not even Holley/ FAST/ Edelbrock/ other will tell you that.

Holley seems to have the BEST support and overall versatility of any of these systems, PERIOD

If you can find an Edelbrock 3526 casting
Edelbrock 27-3526: INTAKE FROM 3526 KIT - JEGS High Performance (maybe???)
, that's the original pro-flow mpfi intake bungs and all.
20211210_092238.jpg
20211210_092218.jpg
20211210_092200.jpg

@BillyBob0780 I have not used a performance injection systems kit. But I have done a couple holly’s, a couple factory ecu systems, and a couple of the AEM infinity setups. Two pieces of advice, buy from a reputable well know source because you will have questions and you will need tuning help. And make the leap to mpfi it’s worlds better. If you aren’t willing to do that then learn how to tune a carb.

A victor 340 with bungs welded in would be cool too. Mopar made an m1 single plane with bungs for a magnum, you could just drill the intake flange for LA.

You are fooling and screwing yourself if you think this is a "good deal." THERE IS NOT ONE WORD in the destructions which talks about changing / tuning the fuel map or advance curve. "According to them" you just wire it up and start it up. Nonsense. Not even Holley/ FAST/ Edelbrock/ other will tell you that.

Holley seems to have the BEST support and overall versatility of any of these systems, PERIOD
I read it also. And I’ll add this, their website sucks.

I have a feeling that if the OP is having trouble getting a carb tuned correctly FI will be even more frustrating.
I am not anti FI but there is a certain simplicity to carbs and they can be tuned to start quickley and run efficiently.

One thing we should be asking is what is the engine build like ? Cam specs ?

In my experience the best support by ANYONE in the aftermarket fuel injection industry is AEM and their forum. Second place goes to Megasquirt and their open source forum. Holley has a good online presence also but guys seem tight lipped about stuff. And getting Holley to answer you directly takes some time.

-
Back