[FOR SALE] Ask and you shall recieve! (Flip Top Gas cap Adapter)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. 73Dust............................................ No replacement needed.
2. Badlilred79 X2 PM............................Sending replacements!
3. 70-duster PM sent...TEMP.PASSED
4. Hotwheelsjr.....................................No replacement needed.
5. Oldkimmer......................................Sen ding replacement.
6. The Toad.........................................Sendi ng replacement.
7. Irazor PM sent.....TEMP. PASSED
8. Scampin around...............................Waiting for reply on fitment.
9. Gastona........................................... No replacement needed.
10. jw133489.......................................Wai ting for reply on fitment.
11. TNT440 Cbody................................No replacement needed.
12. Jimmyray.......................................Wai ting for reply on fitment.
13. Chaps70rt......................................Wai ting for reply on fitment.
14. Phish1270................PM sent.........Paid.....Sent
15. Vengeance2die4.......PM sent.........Paid.....Sent
16. Furydan...................PM sent.........Paid.....Sent
17. Oneway71...............PM sent..........Paid.....Sent
18. 65terrorcuda...........PM sent..........Paid......Sent
19. 38 Dodge................PM sent..........Paid......Sent
20. cjk688....................PM sent..........Paid......Sent
21. Scamp 408..............PM sent.........Paid......Sent
22. 71Duster.................PM sent.........Paid......Sent
23. Kirkw810 ................PM sent.........Paid
24. Rapom65................PM sent.........paid.......sent
25. Dustoff440 .............PM sent
26. 64X2......................PM sent
27. KRUM13..................PM sent.........paid
28. Aj408.....................PM sent
29. GGs66GT................PM sent.........paid........sent

Very easy to install. I think it looks great! The wife actually likes it too, bonus! Hopefully it will help eliminate all the runs & staining from the gas leaking all over the side of the car. Great product!

Attachments

• HPIM1676.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 399
  • HPIM1679.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 399
I hope to have a prototype built in the next few weeks. Its a product offered by others but I think I have "built a better mouse trap". The product is a "strut" of sorts. It will tie the shock towers to the firewall. This will strengthen the frontend of our unibody engine compartment.

Its going to be made all of sheet metal (11ga. most likely) that will come laser cut but not bent. The user will be able to hand bend the sheetmetal to form the parts then weld the seems, then weld the new member into the car.

Again others are doing something similar, but its not manufactured very efficiently, and because of this I can offer it at a much lower price.

Ill be taking all the measurements from my car in the next day or so, and will refine my concept I already have. I should be able to make a prototype in the next week or two.

Once I have a solid part.........Ill be sure to offer it up to you guys at FABO!!!!

Very easy to install. I think it looks great! The wife actually likes it too, bonus! Hopefully it will help eliminate all the runs & staining from the gas leaking all over the side of the car. Great product!

Ditto to all the above. I sealed mine on the back side of the adapter to the fill tube mouth with a gas resistant sealant. Add another satisfied customer to the list. Had the part in hand a few days after payment. Thanks Donnie

1. 73Dust............................................ No replacement needed.
2. Badlilred79 X2 PM............................Sending replacements!
3. 70-duster PM sent...TEMP.PASSED
4. Hotwheelsjr.....................................No replacement needed.
5. Oldkimmer......................................Sen ding replacement.
6. The Toad.........................................Sendi ng replacement.
7. Irazor PM sent.....TEMP. PASSED
8. Scampin around...............................Waiting for reply on fitment.
9. Gastona........................................... No replacement needed.
10. jw133489.......................................Wai ting for reply on fitment.
11. TNT440 Cbody................................No replacement needed.
12. Jimmyray.......................................Wai ting for reply on fitment.
13. Chaps70rt...................................... SENT!!!!!!!!!!
14. Phish1270................PM sent.........Paid.....Sent
15. Vengeance2die4.......PM sent.........Paid.....Sent
16. Furydan...................PM sent.........Paid.....Sent
17. Oneway71...............PM sent..........Paid.....Sent
18. 65terrorcuda...........PM sent..........Paid......Sent
19. 38 Dodge................PM sent..........Paid......Sent
20. cjk688....................PM sent..........Paid......Sent
21. Scamp 408..............PM sent.........Paid......Sent
22. 71Duster.................PM sent.........Paid......Sent
23. Kirkw810 ................PM sent.........Paid......Sent
24. Rapom65................PM sent.........paid.......sent
25. Dustoff440 .............PM sent
26. 64X2......................PM sent
27. KRUM13..................PM sent.........paid........sent
28. Aj408.....................PM sent
29. GGs66GT................PM sent.........paid........sent

What kind/type/brand of sealer are you guys using on these? Mine continues to leak behind the adapter & run down the side of the car. :sad2: I tried #2 Sealer, it says it is resistant to gasoline but when I took the cap off earlier it was almost all dissolved. If it is going to leak I will have to go back to my old OE cap & sell the adapter. I love the way the flip top cap looks & do not want to switch back. :crybaby:I need some advice! Went to the local parts store & none of the guys could recommend anything. I remember back in the day there was always at least one guy at every parts store that had been there & done that; not anymore. Thanks in advance.

I haven't had this happen yet. Do you fill it that full or drive that crazy? Lol
No but really. There is a putty made spefically for fuel leaks in tanks. Maybe that will work? Maybe a better solution is making a gasket from material you can buy at the parts store. I' kind of surprised that you are having the issue though. I have contimplated getting gaskets made too, but id have to adjust the price to cover the costs of course. But as I said. I have yet to have any issues.

I am watching this..mine will not be installed for awhile but wouldn't cork work..?

Grassy

I can't afford to fill it that much! Not lol. I do drive a touch erratic at times but it is a small car with a V8, do you blame me?
I have gasket material here, I will give that a try. It was leaking down the side today while I was sitting still at the pump. I was very careful not to spill any around the opening. It was actually weird how much was running down but I think it was the #2 sealer that I had used. When I got it home & took it off the sealer was all runny & dissolving. I will try a gasket & some sealer & hope for the best. I will get this to work no matter what it takes because I think it looks great. Stay tuned....
Thanks.

I can't afford to fill it that much! Not lol. I do drive a touch erratic at times but it is a small car with a V8, do you blame me?
I have gasket material here, I will give that a try. It was leaking down the side today while I was sitting still at the pump. I was very careful not to spill any around the opening. It was actually weird how much was running down but I think it was the #2 sealer that I had used. When I got it home & took it off the sealer was all runny & dissolving. I will try a gasket & some sealer & hope for the best. I will get this to work no matter what it takes because I think it looks great. Stay tuned....
Thanks.

Try just the gasket material. Most sealers get wierded out by gas.

It looks like I have things under control. I ended up using some gasket material to cut out what I needed. I put 1 between the car & adapter, then I doubled up 2 small donut gaskets between the adapter & the actual filler tube opening. Changed to smaller head screws so the seal laid flat. No more runs down the side of the car. I can go back to loving the way the flip top looks. Thanks for the help guys.

Holy crap, This has gotten none of my attention lately as I have been working hard to get the Valiant in the shop and the Body work done.

Anyone need one? :) I have a bunch now!

Here is a picture of mine installed on my 62 Wagon I just got my new gas tank in today. So let me know what you all think.

Attachments

• 100_0039.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 406
  • 100_0040.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 406
  • 100_0041.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 408
it fit really well. What I did was drill three pilot holes to line up the fill tube then I drilled the three holes to line up the cap. I also sanded down the adapter so that the cap would sit flush with the body a little better. If I think about it tomorrow I'll go and take some pictures of the adapter so you can see how I did it.

oh yea it was actually a little thinker then need to be for my wagon, but that is a good thing as far as I'm concerned it worked out great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back