Auctions America

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Did anyone go to the Auctions America fall festival in Auburn Indiana today, or plan on going this weekend?

What a huge event, you can wear out a pair of shoes just walking the swap meet area, holy cow that is huge!

Here's a couple of shots of the event while we were flying over having a looksee.

The area to the north of the pond (in the top photo) and all the way to the west of the long building is all swap meet area, gobs of anything and everything. Unfortunately I didn't find what I was actually looking for because I didn't have time to cover it all.

View attachment Air view4.jpg

View attachment Air view1.jpg

If I go again next year, I'M RENTING A GOLF CART!!!

Been watching it here on the East Coast on NBCsp Sports channel. Interesting, havn't seen it before. I notice, like most auctions, they start out with the lower quality cars on Thursday. Then it's on. I saw some pretty high price cars going yesterday. Still fun to watch as you're bumping around on FABO or FBBO, looking up every once in a while.

I see the auction from time to time on the squawk box, but I didn't even check that part of it out. I did however, go into the preview tents to look at some of the cars that were up for auction, nice rides indeed.

This fall festival is huge, way too much to do to even bother with the auction. I did however talk to a couple of high roller buyers of Mopars, one guy knew very little about the car he purchased, but liked it and bought it.

The swap meet area was by far the biggest I have ever seen at any show I have been to.

I will go again next year with more green in my pocket and a golf cart under my backside, there is simply so much ground to cover it's very difficult walking it.

I did manage to walk out with a FSM for my car and the Wife's car.

I was there for Friday and Saturday just to hang out, you need a golf cart to see it all. I only live ten minute away from there. It's hard to sell there have done it but hard to get a deal done. It not bad to buy but you have to be careful we bought a 64 Polara convertible last did ok. It amazing to see the variety of interesting cars.

The wife and I went for the first time on Friday. It was great to walk around and see cars I haven't seen in years. The swap meet was very heavy with GM and Ford with few Mopar parts among them. Great place to pick up garage art, or antiques. We'll go again.

-
Back