Avoid this "member"

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

VonCramp

Reaction score
For the most part I have enjoyed being a new member of this awesome forum. However, I recently posted new threads on the same repetitive topic of my 340 not running. I am not a fast learner when it comes to computers or forums for that matter. Apparently I annoyed a 24/7 forum post monitor who uses the tag 67DartGt. After rudely commenting on my latest post I received a PM promptly telling me to go f*** myself. Thought you might like to know what kind of person you may or may not be dealing with. If in doubt I can forward the message from 67DartGT for your viewing pleasure. I have already informed the administrator of this member. Other than this isolated incident I have met some very helpful and wonderful people here.

It is not our intension to offend or drive off those that want to learn and get into the Mopar hobby.

I'm sorry for your experience.

For the most part I have enjoyed being a new member of this awesome forum. However, I recently posted new threads on the same repetitive topic of my 340 not running. I am not a fast learner when it comes to computers or forums for that matter. Apparently I annoyed a 24/7 forum post monitor who uses the tag 67DartGt. After rudely commenting on my latest post I received a PM promptly telling me to go f*** myself. Thought you might like to know what kind of person you may or may not be dealing with. If in doubt I can forward the message from 67DartGT for your viewing pleasure. I have already informed the administrator of this member. Other than this isolated incident I have met some very helpful and wonderful people here.

There is only 1 member here that goes by "67dartgt" and he only has one post....see link below, it was posted in 2008, his last activity on FABO was "Last Activity: 03-22-2012 04:14 PM"....couldn't have been this member

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=40459

We are raised to be polite here in the south. We'll often say, "Well bless your heart" with the same underlying sentment. LOL
Whenever there are so many nuts hanging in one tree there will be a few rotten ones.
Ignore them and try not to whine too often is my advise.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B65mtE2TN1w"]LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS SGT. HULKA STRIPES - YouTube[/ame]

FYI , the member that you speak of has helped me more times than i can count and has helped me work out some serious issues ive had with my daily driver. i can say you didnt exactly come on here with a terriffic attitude and you have gotten defensive over people trying to point you in the right direction. 99% of those 24/7 posters are the ones that are here helping people.

We all have our days..... A d to that end, I refur you back to post #9 ;)

Enjoy the site and worry not.

First off,no one should be talking to you on the forum or in a PM to you like that.
Your a newbie to the forum and to mopars and your not the head designer of the apple PC.
If the first PM you get from a member is like that,flush it and delete all records of this PRO A-hole.With the mopar family we try to help each other,as we are not a super large group.Are there A-holes in every group,YES,but we need to thin the heard of the stupid ones and beat there asses to the curb,there is no place for stupid comments on the forum or in a PM.You can only hope he was on the bottle or smoking some thing of low quality.I think you did good for worning us of him,hopefully he can step up to the plate and say his side why he acted this way,that,s if he is a real man,mrmopartech

FYI , the member that you speak of has helped me more times than i can count and has helped me work out some serious issues ive had with my daily driver. i can say you didnt exactly come on here with a terriffic attitude and you have gotten defensive over people trying to point you in the right direction. 99% of those 24/7 posters are the ones that are here helping people like you.
I pretty much said what you just did in my thread. I aplogized for my attitude immediately after being a jerk. However, I didn't tell anyone to go f*** themselves. He started out being really helpful to me as well. I really wish I hadn't had to post so many threads on my car not running. I would've much preferred it was just running fine. I had a very unique situation because this motor was pulled out of my wrecked Barracuda and installed in my new '69. So, I was faced with a bunch of different scenarios as to what could be wrong. All I can say is that if you are annoyed at my threads then just ignore them. I am not trying to bother anyone. Just trying to fix my car.

FYI , the member that you speak of has helped me more times than i can count and has helped me work out some serious issues ive had with my daily driver. i can say you didnt exactly come on here with a terriffic attitude and you have gotten defensive over people trying to point you in the right direction. 99% of those 24/7 posters are the ones that are here helping people.

X10 he has helped a ton of us here A LOT including myself. Now I aint beating a dead horse, BUT he gave you the same advice that I had. CONDENSE everything to one thread. That was quite a few days ago and it looks like you have been started a few more threads since then. My advice is to shrug/shake and ignore it and move on.

look, everyone has a bad day, dont worry about it, the majority of guys here are extremely helpful, but egos are bruised easily. 67 has helped me personally, but other guys have rubbed me the wrong way

2 cents....fugget about it

I pretty much said what you just did in my thread. I aplogized for my attitude immediately after being a jerk. However, I didn't tell anyone to go f*** themselves. He started out being really helpful to me as well. I really wish I hadn't had to post so many threads on my car not running. I would've much preferred it was just running fine. I had a very unique situation because this motor was pulled out of my wrecked Barracuda and installed in my new '69. So, I was faced with a bunch of different scenarios as to what could be wrong. All I can say is that if you are annoyed at my threads then just ignore them. I am not trying to bother anyone. Just trying to fix my car.
just blow it off and move on bud. you should see some of the PMs ive gotten from a couple of real pieces of work around here. i take them with a grain of salt. people have all sorts of reason for being the way they are. Del really is a good guy and extremely helpful. people just get lost and confused when there are 5 different threads on the same problem from the same person. it gives the impression that the OP isnt paying attention to what is being said. keep it all in one thread and we will all help as much as we can without being there. if you can find a way to post pictures it really helps. if anything you can email them to me and i will post them

I used to take crap for a while from some members here , but i do not give a crap anymore i give it back .And alot of times i will see a member giving another member a hard time , i will kinda be the third man in and irk him a little bit just to let him know , he is being an ***.

I wiçll definitely heed y'alls advice about moving on. I just want to end it on the note that my last thread did not deserve the response I got from him. Then telling me to f*** myself just wasn't cool. I posted a few threads not knowing the protocol here. I apologized. End of story.

Words are harmful, As your Mother would say "If you have nothing nice to say
then do not say nothing at all"
When using the f word ,It lowers your self as to not properly express yourself.
It is posting while angry and will come back at you. There are some members
here that have been banned because (even tho they are nice people) They post
under rage. Then later when they calm down they will regret it.

Post with a clear mind.

Darryl

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back