AVS 2 650 carb sufficient?

-

sam69sat

Reaction score
Is an avs2 650 carb sufficient for a mild & mostly stock 5.9 magnum? Thanks

On the street with street gears, yes ;
If it spins both tires all the way thru First gear, then it's probably too big.
If it don't spin the tires in Second gear, then you won't get to shift-rpm until maybe over 80 mph.
With 3.23s say; 65= ~4200 in Second at WOT so then, in that situation, you wouldn't even use all of a 500.

But if it was mine, I'd put a Thermoquad on her and let her howl. I love that sound. I put one on my winter-engine, a stock, low-compression 318, with an A904 and 2.76 gears, and a 2800 TC. Man; I swear that thing sounded like a Chevy truck, the R's jumped to 2800 off the line, and it was still doin' 2800 all the way to like 80 mph thru the shifts and all, moaning for like three and a half minutes lol. I loved that combo.

The plan is 5.9 magnum, dual plane, mild cam, 4 speed a833. Not sure about rear gearing yet. Assuming it probably has 2.76 right now. It won't be taken to a track. Just something to zip around and have fun. Going in a 67 b body.

Sho nuff.
you rang?
tumblr_mwvevkGsh91s2xkhko1_640.jpg

The plan is 5.9 magnum, dual plane, mild cam, 4 speed a833. Not sure about rear gearing yet. Assuming it probably has 2.76 right now. It won't be taken to a track. Just something to zip around and have fun. Going in a 67 b body.
650 AVS2 will be great with that setup.

2.76 axle, mild cam, the 650 AVS2 will be perfect. Congrats on not falling for bigger is better...

Yes, and drivability with the AVS is amazing, Off idle response much better than other Carbs.

I ran 650 AVS 2 on my stock '69 340 years back. Had to increase jet size and put bigger accelerator pump nozzle in. After that it worked great.

-
Back