Axle Studs :[

-

ckj688

Reaction score
Alright, so far nothing seems to be going smoothly, but then again, when does it ever? I had to get BBP axles so I ordered some from Mancini, they sell the Yukon axles. As some of you may have read, they didn't have the snap ring style green bearings that my brake kit called for, so I had to order those...last night I was fitting everything together for the rear brakes and decided it was time to get studs. I went to AutoZone and Consumer Auto Parts, and apparently the wheels studs I need cannot be found at any typical parts store. Does anyone have these Yukon axles? Apparently the shoulder that gets pressed on is bigger then your average wheel stud (but the threads are 1/2-20). Does anyone know the diameter of this shoulder?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Craig

I recently bought yucon axels from mancini and studs from sumit racing. I just told them at sumit i needed studs for a 1968 b body and they worked fine.I will find recipt with price and part number for you.

.685 knurl diameter, sounds about right (cuz the holes are HUGE) thanks for your help cudaman, I appreciate it! :thumleft:

Woah, btw, looks like Summit changed their look!

I tried to hamer them in and it was to hard. I got a couple in and whent to plan b with an over sized nut half inch fine thread nut and impact. got the job done. a press would be the right way but didnt have one so you know how that goes

I just called Mancini, and I kinda got a confusing answer. He said that the axle stud holes are made for any particular stud and that you can thread them or drill them? He said they were designed for a knurl up to .687...I don't know if this makes any sense to anyone, but you can get Mancini axles w/ studs...why didn't he just tell me what they use for studs? And he said something about the holes being five thousandths? Did he mean .5? ugh, my confusion is frustrating myself!

I got the yukon axels with green bearings. the smooth part of the stud after the knurel is .610 they went in tight but they went in. they are stock b body studs. i can not meashure the knurl because they are installed

the stud threads are .5 but the shoulder is .61 before the knurl the shoulder goes thru the axel flange into the drum.the hole in the axel is just over .61

I have the Mor-46190 with the .685 knurl. My machinist says it doesn't fit.
Too large. Did anyone install wheel studs on these Yukon 8 3/4 replacement axles. I need
to know what fits. Thank you

got the wheel studs that fit the a-body yukon axles. It is Mr. Gasket #4311 1/2"-20x2-7/8" Press in N.H.R.A. approved. Went in perfect!

I had problems with Yukon on this issue too. IIRC there was conflicting info. They told me to get:

Dorman 610-103, or pick-a-nut 98130 (65-78 charger/coronet rear studs), long replacement studs are Mopar Performance P4120625

I believe I bought the Dorman studs and they fit. They are 0.673 knurl. I think Yukon's catalogue said 0.645 which caused my confusion.

-
Back