AZ newb

-

hemitheus

19? Plymouth Scampenstein
Reaction score
I am not new to mopars but I am to the site. My first car was a 71 340 duster. In addition to that I have owned an 87 Shelby Daytona Z, a 73 Charger 440, a 74 satellite sebring 318, a 76 ramcharger, a 98 neon {meh}, a 93 d150 and I currently own an 06 Jeep TJ Sport.

I am currently without a project car but looking (while trying to convince the wife) to pick up an inexpensive 70-72 duster as nostalgia is in full effect.

I am in the far east valley of the metro phoenix area.

Welcome to FABO. Should be an easy job convincing the wife.....:toothy10:

Take your time and let us know when you find it!!

Welcome. When it comes to convincing wives I have learned that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

thanks everyone.

I think i like your approach badart.

I have a car lined up-ish. a member here has a nice 70 b3 duster project. I just need to save my pennies for a lil bit.... wife.. well. who knows

thanks guys...

WESTLAND! woohoo. I am originally a Dearborn Heights guy. Ford & telegraph area

Welcome!

Ahwatukhee here. Me and a buddy will keep our eye open for you. He seems to find stuff all the time!

Do any of you locals know of any mopar meetups or events?

Tempe Dodge and Bill Luke do events every now and then. My buddy just went to the Bill Luke event this past weekend. I missed it cause I was working on the Dart.

Do any of you locals know of any mopar meetups or events?
Welcome. I live in Ahwatukee also. You might check out Mopars Unlimited of AZ if your looking for the club thing. Lots of good contact info through the club. Here's the link http://www.moparsaz.com/ . I belonged to the club for 5-6 yrs. Not really my thing but they put on the Show at Bill Luke once a year. Went last year with my 67 Dart HT but did not enter this year (last weekend). Good place to find some swap stuf sometimes. Best show around is in March at Las Vegas. Great swap meet, show & race. Goodguys at Westworld is coming up in about 2 weeks, but there's not usually a lot of Mopar swap stuff. Lots of cars though. Last year I had my HT Dart there and there was nearly 3000 cars entered someone said. If your new to the area you might check out Cruzin AZ at this link for some upcoming shows http://www.cruisinarizona.com/.

Welcome. I live in Ahwatukee also. You might check out Mopars Unlimited of AZ if your looking for the club thing. Lots of good contact info through the club. Here's the link http://www.moparsaz.com/ . I belonged to the club for 5-6 yrs. Not really my thing but they put on the Show at Bill Luke once a year. Went last year with my 67 Dart HT but did not enter this year (last weekend). Good place to find some swap stuf sometimes. Best show around is in March at Las Vegas. Great swap meet, show & race. Goodguys at Westworld is coming up in about 2 weeks, but there's not usually a lot of Mopar swap stuff. Lots of cars though. Last year I had my HT Dart there and there was nearly 3000 cars entered someone said. If your new to the area you might check out Cruzin AZ at this link for some upcoming shows http://www.cruisinarizona.com/.

Great info... thank you so much.. but a question. Why was moparsAZ not your thing?

My take on that club is, Elitists, got invited by a member and was turned away at the gate at a Bill Luke event. I guess they don't like '63 4 drs or tatoos? lol There is more to the story of how I met siad member.

,Cliff

welcom from glendale. i am at a mopar gathering every weekend in apache junction. usually just me and a friend working on my duster at his house, but its still a meet right? and about every 3-4 weeks we get a few of the other guys to come out as well, but they are not old mopar they are new stuff, rams mainly.

@03ramit1 - Hell at that point, every weekend is a Mopar Meet for me too! :-D

Maybe try out the Pavilions in Scottsdale. Every saturday there is a McDonalds car show. Lots of frod and Cheby stuff, but you will catch a few Mopes there too. And the "Safeway" Car Show up in North Phoenix.

Or maybe we just arrange our own "Show" or meetup. AZ Mopars represent!

Welcome to FABO!

meh? I've have my Neon for 4 or 5 months now and I love it! haha

Which make is it? DOHC/SOHC? Auto/manual?

DOHC manual 2dr sport. I put a little HP's into it but it just never was my thing

-
Back