B&M Hole Shot 2400??

-

FJ5

Reaction score
Oh man, please don't be one of those guys who went long in the tooth on paint and body and short on the converter. It is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of getting your power to the ground. Especially with a stroker, do yourself a favor and get a PTC or Dynamic unit built to your specs or something. No off the shelf BS.

So, from the above post you are not a fan of B&M converters.

I'm not a fan of off the shelf converters for a car with a $20,000 paint job. It's like going to Paris and staying in a dirty bathroom the whole time. Do a search and read on the topic.

the converter will work.....

lay your flex plate on it to make sure the bolt circle is the same...

Really not trying to be a dick, trying to protect your investment.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=254626

Quote from abodyjoe, post #3:

converter is one of the biggest things not to get cheap with. it will make or break a combo.... i went with a dynamic 9.5" unit when doing my dart.

too many times i see guys dump thousands into a motor,trans, rear and a ton of stupid little things on their ride only to go cheap on a converter. i just don't get it. the right converter will make that car run 100% better then that cheap garbage they have out on the market.

guess its kinda hard to explain to someone how much a good converter helps. i guess its one of those things you have to feel for yourself before knowing the difference..

I have to agree. You spent too much money building that 408 to just throw an off the shelf converter on it. I'm building one now and after the car is dyno tuned, we will gather all of the info needed and have a custom converter built for my application. The builder wants to know things like weight, tire size, rear end gear, intended usage, etc. B&M just built a generic converter that will work with your transmission. It will stall at different speeds behind different engines. They knew nothing about your set up.

I'm not saying that converter won't work, but you are leaving a lot of potential on the shelf so to speak.

Or it may work perfectly fine for what you want. I installed the exact one in my car....and yes I spent a lot of money on the car in general. If I listened to everyone else, I would have spent a lot more. It worked for me and I was happy with it.

Or it may work perfectly fine for what you want. I installed the exact one in my car....and yes I spent a lot of money on the car in general. If I listened to everyone else, I would have spent a lot more. It worked for me and I was happy with it.

Night and day difference, I used to be like you guys using these cheap converters.

Guaranteed it would have worked better with a quality piece, that's the whole point of this convo. It's only like another $2-300 bones dude. Might as well get the most out of the combo you spent hard earned money for.

Holeshots are for chebbies.

And have you compared that converter to one specifically built for your car and it's usage? If not then you might be quite unhappy with with the one you have if you ever switch.

Will that one work, probably. Will it make the car perform to it's fullest potential, probably not.

Once you have everything figured, complete engine specs, trans, weight of car, intended usage, rear gear, rear tire size, etc etc etc, THEN you order your converter.

I plan on having mine built by PTC at this point, unless I can find a quality builder that offers me a better deal. It's kinda pricey, when I talked to them they were thinking 6-7 hundred built and shipped.

Poisondart74, I should have talked to you before I bought mine. I may be putting mine up for sale. I've spent too much to leave potential power unused.

It probably won't sell around here. CL or Ebay maybe.

dynamic ultimate or turbo action in no particular order offer great custom verts . I have used all three and was very satisfied with the service and performance of them all .

If I were a hardcore racer like apparentely most of you,, I would have done things a little different. I just wanted a very nice street car. I got that. I have since sold the car and didn't lose any money on it either. It doesn't really matter at this point. A buddy of mine won mopar nats a couple of years ago with a butterscotch 340 demon. He has the same converter as well. Guess it depends on what you want.

I'm not a hardcore racer and my car isn't even that nice. But I am spending a TON of money on my stroker build and am not going to cheap out on the last piece of the puzzle. I'm glad that you had success with that converter, I'm just not willing to chance it and hope that it works for my combo.

I had Frank Lupo build the converter in my Cuda, way back in the 90's. it was $600 even back then but worth every penny!

I just put a TCI Breakaway in my GTX and boy can I feel the difference over the stock one! Yea, the motor is stock, but the converter was brand new and I got it for $25 so I didn't think I could lose!!

Do as mentioned above, have your converter built! Geof

I have a B&M Holeshot 2000 and I believe its a gigantic POS! I got it in a package deal and thought I was getting a good new converter, but it just dont perform. I literally just bought a Edge Racing Converter and they custom build them for you and dont break the wallet to bad either.

Is like to thank the one guy who directly answered his question without fan fare or bashing his choice. You other guys need to take a break, winter isn't here yet.

To the OP, a lot depend on the build and what it is supposed to do. A call to the mentioned converter houses would help a lot. While they probably will never OK someone else's converter , at least you can get an idea of how they think and what may be OK for use.

Don't mind the guys to much, there couped up inside way to much.

Edge Racing Converters are great custom units, specs came to my door within 100rpm of where Andre said they would be

-
Back