Back from paint

-
WOW!! Looks good from where i'm setting. Did you say a year and 2 months? You are one patient dude to say the least. What year is it? Gotta do a Big Block. As far as the rims go....TORQUE THRUST. That and black will look killer and will just scream "Come and try some of this on". You better have the motor to back it up or some chevy will eat your *** up. Not good.

I like the idea of big things from small packages. Besides, the big block would be heavy out front and there is a whole lot more room in the engine bay with the small block. As for power it should be in the 420 hp range and 450 tq. That should handle most on the street. There will always be somebody faster, I just hope it's a mopar!! I am leaning towards cragars or torque thrusts. I do have about 8 dodge dogdish hubcaps to choose from if I wanted the stock look.

looks great, that will be a beautiful and fun car. keep us updated, we love pics!!!

WOW!! where has the time gone?! I guess I can chalk this up to life happens. Finally been able to work on the Dart again.

Attachments

• dartengine2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 424
  • dart20133.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 224
  • dart20132.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 205
  • dart20131.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 242
All say what took ya.

Well... got married and moved to a new place with a more suitable work space (20x40 shop). Did a ktchen reno on the new place as well as insulate the shop.
Also found the body guy screwed up and had to send it back to him. That took another 4 months. Still, the car sat without anything done for a long time.

The car is a numbers matching swinger, but the 340 was too far gone for my intended use. So it's oiled down and sitting in the corner.
The engine is a 360 30 over with the original four speed behind it. 3.55's out back so I can still take the occasional highway jaunt. The engine should be good for 400ish hp and a boat load of torque 450ish.

I'm going to be putting in my headliner shortly. Would you have, or know where I might get the two rods that hold the back bow in place? I must have lost these in one of my moves.

Well it's finally done...almost. Unfortunately lost 5 lifters on startup so I get to put a new cam in, but otherwise 99% done. I will get some better pics once I get it out of the garage.

dart front 1.jpg

dart front 2.jpg

dart interior.jpg

dart rear 3.jpg

dart rear 2.jpg

engine.jpg

Looks awesome! Very nice work and car. Dont feep bad my ragtop is going on 25 years now without moving under its own power. Life right??

Looks great. Kind of curious about what happened to your lifters. That looks like a magnum motor, so it would have roller lifters wouldn't it?

It has a magnum topend, but a 73 360 block so it's a flat tappet cam. Odd that it took out the lifters as the engine was broke in on a engine dyno. Comp cams apparently had some bad lifters around the time this engine went together so who knows. Not the end of the world and allowed me to go bigger this time around!:thumbsup:

Been there, done that, with a MP cam. That's how I ended up upgrading from a 400 to a 500 stroker.

-
Back