Back in the MOPAR saddle

-

Swinger4me

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I wish I would have found this site a few years ago.
Back in the day (my teens and 20's) I had a couple of A-bod cudas. Got married, had kids, then cars made way for a house. I'm sure you've heard this before LOL! Kid's have grown, and the wife thought i was cheating with another woman. I guess I was, and what a SWINGER this girl turned out to be.
I found her on CL, buried for 14 years in a messy, run down garage. She was all torn apart and had raccoons and squirrels living in her. After 22 months, countless hours and a little money, (hehe, shhh) I drove her to a local car show. What a BLAST!
It sure felt GREAT to be back in the saddle of a MOPAR!

'73 Dart Swinger
'78 360W H.P. w/ J cast heads
4 speed
8 1/4 posi 3.21:1

Attachments

• IMAG0030.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 174
  • IMAG0029.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 154
mopar or no car, im kinda partial to the dart/scamp bodystyle with orange paint :supz:

Welcome to FABO. Boy your story sounds like mine.......married , family, house
back into Mopars after a 20 year break. I think it was our first Town and Country minivan that got me started again LOL. toolmanmike

Welcome aboard She sure is a looker and I bet fun to drive
4 speed V8 Swinger =D> Glad to hear your back in the MoPar world again :glasses8:

Welcome, you'll love this site, great info and even better members. Also welcome back to the Mopar family! Cool Dart by the way! :glasses7:

WOW! Thanks for all of the welcomes and compliments. I'm just learning my way around here on FABO. I just can't get myself to log off!
My Swinger started out in NM as a sky blue/blue int..w/vinyl top, factory undercoated 318c.i. column shift auto w/ 7 1/4 in. open rear and front disc brakes. I've replaced just about everything on her except for the front suspension (hopefully next winter) and she still wears all of her original sheet metal except for the rear valance.
I'll post more pics after she comes out of winter hiding.
There are a lot of local car shows here in SE Wisconsin. There are 4 MOPAR only shows that I know of, plus MOPAR WEEKEND at GLD in Union Grove. I hope to meet some of you at those events.

Welcome to FABO and welcome back to Mopar! You're going to have fun here.
Your story is fairly common here. I am also a 'returnee', or more accurately I relapsed about four years ago after having been originally bitten by the Mopar bug back in 1969. Was away for too many years but just had to have a Mopar again - currently in 'build mode' on my "new" '69 Dart.
More pics!

-
Back