Back Seat Interchange

-

chlngr1970

Reaction score
Will the back seats from the A Bodies interchange? I have a seat back from my Duster, and am wondering if it will fit in my '68 Dart. If I come across a back seat from a Dart 4Dr, say '73, will that install into a '68?

No . 2 door and 4 door back seats are different and Duster seats are different again.

They all look the same to me. Don't know what they could of changed to make them not fit. The first pic is of my 70 Dart the other is a 75 Duster. I am going to try and switch the seats in these two cars when I get home tonight and see what happens. I think they will fit.

DartInterior1.jpg

DusterInterior1.jpg

burnt they are different. different widths and different heights.

They all look the same to me. Don't know what they could of changed to make them not fit. The first pic is of my 70 Dart the other is a 75 Duster. I am going to try and switch the seats in these two cars when I get home tonight and see what happens. I think they will fit.

70 and 75 may interchange and still not fit a 68. A tape measure can save a lot of labor.
The rear benches in 67 cuda and 73 4 door Valiant look close enough too at first glance.

What about a '68 B'cuda coupe? Will a back seat from a Dart or other a-body fit it? If so, what years will work?
TIA,
Dallas

They may look the same but 2 door and 4 door rear seats are way different! And I thought 20 bucks for a black rear seat in perfect condition was a great deal at the time. :angry7:

-
Back