Badass Roadrunner at SEMA

-
Wow, can't believe the negative comments on this car. Sure it may not be what you would build, but somebody has taken a lot time to build what their version of a Roadrunner is. Is not enough for you guys that the owner chose a Roadrunner to base his dream off of. Not everybody is deep in love with torsion bars, leaf springs, triple carbs, steering boxes, points ignition, drum brakes, and 15" wheels. So what, HE CHOSE A MOPAR to base his build on. You don't have to like it, but why be so negative, really, respect it for what it is and stop there. Or, maybe it is a pile, and maybe that '73 Duster with the centerlines should have been a feature car on the SEMA floor.

Next thing you know, people will be putting LS3's in '69 Darts, oh the horror!!!!!!
.....wow you are still here.thought you were done.im sure theres a chevy forum that you can post your stuff on, oh wait they dont want to hear it either.

Great job building a one of a kind runner. Lots of stuff I could do without but not my car.I would love for all the haters to start postings pics of there mopars. Guys take years to build there dream mopars and you can take 5 sec to trash it. This is why most car guys think all mopar guys are Joe dirt rednecks because if it's not 100℅ mopar its garbage. Go to any car show and the guy that picks your car apart is the one that drove is caravan. Why can't we just appreciate the fact that someone took the time build a bad *** mopar.

love it or hate it.....I hope they made this out of (AMD?) panels...and not a single Road Runner was harmed in build

I love my Mopars

Great job building a one of a kind runner. Lots of stuff I could do without but not my car.I would love for all the haters to start postings pics of there mopars. Guys take years to build there dream mopars and you can take 5 sec to trash it. This is why most car guys think all mopar guys are Joe dirt rednecks because if it's not 100℅ mopar its garbage. Go to any car show and the guy that picks your car apart is the one that drove is caravan. Why can't we just appreciate the fact that someone took the time build a bad *** mopar.

Couldn't have said it any better. All these people talking **** and not a single one of them could even attempt to build a car at the level this car is at. Haters are gonna hate.

I could only dream of owning a car of this caliber. It's a Mopar after all, with some changes that I wouldn't dream of doing. I don't like the grafted roof at all, but appreciate the level of resto done. It looks like a trailer queen, but I still think it's cool in it's own way.......:thumbup:8)

not the ugliest thing I have ever seen
though I have seen a lot in my life

as to the anti haters, so what? people have opinions, good, bad, indifferent,
everyone is entitled to have one, (or more) what does it matter? nothing said here or anywhere else changes the car one bit

"Great job building a one of a kind runner. Lots of stuff I could do without but not my car.I would love for all the haters to start postings pics of there mopars. Guys take years to build there dream mopars and you can take 5 sec to trash it. This is why most car guys think all mopar guys are Joe dirt rednecks because if it's not 100℅ mopar its garbage. Go to any car show and the guy that picks your car apart is the one that drove is caravan. Why can't we just appreciate the fact that someone took the time build a bad *** mopar. "

Well ok Mr. 1 post,
I guess you've got a pass on this one because you seem to be new here, but I'd like to point out that virtually everyone on this forum builds there own cars. Granted, some have better/more resources than others, but everybody here are enthusiasts and do the best they can with the resources they have.
If you had taken the time to search the threads and realize what great work the members here have performed on their cars you might have different thoughts about members here not posting pictures documenting the excellent work they have done.
I've taken years to build my valiant the way I want it, but I don't have deep enough pockets to hand my car to somebody else to build the "dream car" that I want, nor would I want to. I'm proud of the work I've done to my car even though I know it will never be in the SEMA show, at least I know that I did all the work myself. Except for a tranny rebuild and upcoming upholstery, I did everything!!
I'm a mopar enthusiast, not a purist, so it does'nt bother me that the builder used parts from another car to make his "dream car". Whether its a chevy, ford, or mopar, the Runner show car is still ugly.
That my opinion and I'm stickin with it!

I dont like the engine cover, most of the interior or the rear diffuser. But other then that its a sweet looking ride. I can appreciate the owners passion and vision for his build (even if its outside the "norm" or price range for 99.99% of us).

250281_227895060561407_100000227444644_1075453_4695382_a.jpg
A classic car ruined.
blurgh1.gif

I reckon this looks better.............

Attachments

• IMGP7411.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 175
  • IMGP7412.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 179
  • IMGP7409.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 177
What a dandy "attention getter" (SEMA Road Runner)
I know this...I'd walk across the parking lot to get a closer look as it

I have to be careful what I say...I'm thinkin' bout runnin for the Mayor of Niceville

PS...your Beeper is cool too CJH

My point was not about the money but the hard work in building this car. We all do the best we can with what we have. It would suck balls to post pics of your car after years of hard work just to have guys say it's ****.

Built by a shop here in Indy, Been working on it for 6 years from my understanding. over a million invested.
I will go with the UGLY AS HELL crowd.

Agreed.
That guy should have invested some of the million dollars spent on this car and got some therapy and maybe this wouldn't have happened.
At least he created a conversation piece if that was his goal.
FUGLY ain't the word for it......
It goes beyond that.

What? Another original resto!? Piss on that. I can see those types of cars anywhere.

Exactly my thoughts.

Like it our not, this is something that we will see more and more of in the future. Rodding of MOPAR muscle cars is here to stay. No amount of bitching and moaning is gonna stop it. No amount of hating or criticism will sway the maniacal minds behind these creations.

For all any of us know, this could have started out as a rusted out hull of a car which was saved from the crusher... What the hell is wrong with saving a car from its demise in this fassion? Would you rather it be crushed and sold to China as a 4 foot cube? Or would it be better to save it as a modernistic expression?

And Ponder this: If they spent over $1 million on this car, what a positive impact it must have had on some ones economic outlooks... Had to helps the builder stay in business as well as various vendors... I think builds like this are good for everybody.

They fitted a CHEV roof to it......what a dumb-*** thing to do.

No contest your honor...Life Imprisonment.

-
Back