ball and cup push rods installation??

-

stupidasso

CA ANRCHY
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have my engine in the car, and want to put in my roller rockers. I just got some clevite ball and cup push rods for the job. Nowhere can I find the specs to put adjustable roller rockers on a hydrolic cam engine. My setup is a 360 with the stock 340HP grind purple shaft and hydrolic lifters. the roller rockers are proforms that have an adjuster screw. My question is how do I dial these in correctly. Is there a sequence where each cylinder needs to be at tdc and then a clearence check for the roller on the valve stem? Thanks in advance for any help.

- Stu
:headbang:

I adjust rockers with each cylinder at tdc compression stroke. There is a chart that Mopar put out that has a different sequence of valves that can be adjusted depending on were the crank is positioned. I just use the tdc method because it is easiest for me because I have done it for
30 years that way. As far as the adjustment itself, you turn the adjuster until the play is taken up in the valve train then turn adjuster an additional 1/2 turn, this should be just about right.

One note about push rods, hydraulic lifters with adjustable rockers take a different length push rod than mechanical lifters do. Basically you want a T/A length pushrod, they had adjustable rockers with hydraulic lifters.

Chuck

-
Back