Bandimere Denver closing

-
I'm heart broken.

I am sure the family is doing what is best for them and their future.

Edit:
The local news reported they are looking to secure a new site in the Denver area. By DIA would be a good location!

Last edited:
I never got the pleasure of that track. Drove by. More than once to West coast destinations.

Shame on me I guess. I liked the TV coverage. The altitude made things interesting. (OK. Just like to see the pros scrambling. Lol)

No money to be made with all the housing being built around the track. I saw this coming just not this year. This there any money in an EV drag strip?

No money to be made with all the housing being built around the track. I saw this coming just not this year. This there any money in an EV drag strip?
It's reality prices more than anything. The masses are moving closer to out state track locations. It's happening everywhere.

I suppose a funny car is not that funny powered by a silent electric motor....

I suppose a funny car is not that funny powered by a silent electric motor....
You think EV is to blame? This has been happening long before EV. I personally think it's NHRA. Say what you will about Nascar. But one thing they do better is support small local track racing FAR better than Drag Racing. NHRA has been too top heavy with monies. I know some dirt track racers whose prize monies are noticeably better. Spend less for their operations. In front of smaller crowds.

Just saying.

You think EV is to blame? This has been happening long before EV. I personally think it's NHRA. Say what you will about Nascar. But one thing they do better is support small local track racing FAR better than Drag Racing. NHRA has been too top heavy with monies. I know some dirt track racers whose prize monies are noticeably better. Spend less for their operations. In front of smaller crowds.

Just saying.

You can’t compare dirt track racers to drag racers. Those guys spend crazy amounts of money to race. I’ve seen brand new tires trashed in heat races, brand new car totaled in one night, fuel usage is crazy, and keep going down the line.

I got to run my Cuda down the track there last year, and will again this June @ Rocky Mountain Race week. This is the coolest, and nicest track I have ever been to. I hope the family builds another at a different location.

bandimere2.jpg

Like Route 66, don't show up at the old location for the come back this year, go to the new location.

There's an NHRA race this year at ROUTE 66, used to be in Joilet, IL. It closed I don't know, 3-4 years ago. Housing I guess. The race is in Elwood, IL. this year, they are still calling it Route 66.

I had a nice time going there to test & tunes and the Mopars at Thunder Mountain events but I guess I picked a good time to move out of Colorado lol. I hope at least the homes they build in the area are affordable (as in, less than half a million) but I'm not holding my breath.

I had a nice time going there to test & tunes and the Mopars at Thunder Mountain events but I guess I picked a good time to move out of Colorado lol. I hope at least the homes they build in the area are affordable (as in, less than half a million) but I'm not holding my breath.
Let’s see, west of C-470, right up against the foothills and Red Rocks, I would say you’re about a million each light on the pricing…….

Let’s see, west of C-470, right up against the foothills and Red Rocks, I would say you’re about a million each light on the pricing…….

Bummer. No wonder there are so many homeless in Denver. It's literally impossible to find a house anywhere on the Front Range that isn't a complete dump for less than $400k. Big reason I moved. The last house I was renting in Loveland was 900 sq ft, 2 bed 1 bath built in 1952 and its list value was $338k.

I just bought a 3-bed, 2-bath house with 2-car garage on 0.67 acres south of Augusta, GA (Hephzibah) for $265k. But I suppose that's relatively high as well talking to people who have been here for a while. One coworker said he bought his house about 5 years ago for less than $100k and now it's worth $250k iirc. It's ridiculous.

Bummer. No wonder there are so many homeless in Denver. It's literally impossible to find a house anywhere on the Front Range that isn't a complete dump for less than $400k. Big reason I moved. The last house I was renting in Loveland was 900 sq ft, 2 bed 1 bath built in 1952 and its list value was $338k.

I just bought a 3-bed, 2-bath house with 2-car garage on 0.67 acres south of Augusta, GA (Hephzibah) for $265k. But I suppose that's relatively high as well talking to people who have been here for a while. One coworker said he bought his house about 5 years ago for less than $100k and now it's worth $250k iirc. It's ridiculous.
Congratulations on getting out of there.

I got my 3-4 bedroom 1 1/2 bath house on .32 acres for a song and a dance a couple of years ago, I couldn't get a house now without giving up all my hobbies, prices shot up right after I bought. My house has doubled in value in three years of ownership.

Last edited:

I’ve been drunk in Hepzibah. Several times. Seems like several lifetimes ago.

There's an NHRA race this year at ROUTE 66, used to be in Joilet, IL. It closed I don't know, 3-4 years ago. Housing I guess. The race is in Elwood, IL. this year, they are still calling it Route 66.
It's still at the same track. I just looked at the site map on the NHRA site, and could pinpoint where we camped in 2007, 2009, and 2014. Elwood is the closest town, but Joliet is better known. The facility isn't technically in either town, it's about halfway between.

Nice track, foolish owners. Unless something has changed, they do no local drag racing/test & tune events. Apparently the rental fee for an event (like a Goodguys show, which has been there in the past) is ridiculous. I would think it's hard to recover the investment in such a track when you only use it 1-2 weekends per year and price it beyond the reach of an organization like Goodguys.

It sucks about Bandimere, though. The guy that ended up with my old Pontiac 400 went to college out there and raced that engine there fairly regularly. Several other locals went to school out there and spent a lot of time at that track. I've never been, but have never heard anything but praise for the facility and management.

So if I want to go to the NHRA race, I think it's next month, I should go to the same track that I went to 10 years ago that was called the Route 66 in Joliet.
This is confusing, I was told that the track was closed and that was the reason that there haven't been any NHRA events there in years.

So NHRA isn't a national event? Just wondering why they skipped so many years. Doesn't matter I guess. It is what it is.

-
Back