Barn find 72 340 duster

-
Man, I thought you found a nice barn.. LOL!

But really, the car is nice. Has potential. Not many barn sleepers around anymore...

Slowly taking apart the front end and taking pics of everything before pulling the engine and trans. little damage around the rad support, but nothing that can't be fixed. more pics to follow as time permits. Notice the pin missing from the pass. side hood hinge. would guess its on top of the heater box. in the last pic you can see where the rad support is pushed in from past fender bender. Bottom of drivers side, by bumper mount.

Attachments

• restoration begins 340.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,263
  • restoration begins 342.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,246
  • restoration begins 344.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,251
Slowly taking apart the front end and taking pics of everything before pulling the engine and trans. little damage around the rad support, but nothing that can't be fixed. more pics to follow as time permits. Notice the pin missing from the pass. side hood hinge. would guess its on top of the heater box. in the last pic you can see where the rad support is pushed in from past fender bender. Bottom of drivers side, by bumper mount.
Also notice the 40 years of crap that came out of the lower passenger fender...

More pics please.....................:-D
Removed most of the interior this morning, not quite complete, but had to stop to get ready for work. Will post a few more pics of progress in the next few days....

Is that a 340 car? Black with red int. is a very sweet combo!

Nah, just a /6 car. Bench seat with fold down arm rest, column shift automatic. When I got it it was just a roller, but someone had swapped in a spool type K member, BBP discs, and front sway bar. It's pretty rough though, so unfortunately it got parted.

Few more pics of the duster, after removal of the interior. Floor pans are in good shape with a few small holes in pass. pan. Last pic is all of the mouse hotel that fell out after removing the headliner.

Attachments

• restoration2 029.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,015
  • restoration2 017.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,014
  • restoration2 015.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,014
  • restoration2 013.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,050
  • restoration2 005.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,023
  • restoration2 003.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,038
hey, i am picking up a 72 340 4 speed duster on wensday, and it has a mint cardboard headliner in it, and am going to put it up for sale, along with all the other parts off the car. let em know if you need anything else!. it has no title or vin tag,a nd has benn registered as a 73. i have fender tag, which matches the speaker tray and rad support, but no vin tag, so i cannot get it legal on the road.

No doubt that the shocks were in place when the trunk was painted. Black 340 car and also blue 318 parts car are the same.

Attachments

• restoration2 019.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,042
  • restoration2 008.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,019
few more shots of the interior. tape is for the piece of foam under the quarter window. Parts from the interior tagged and bagged.

Attachments

• restoration2 015.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,001
  • restoration2 041.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,009
  • restoration2 037.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,006
  • restoration2 039.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,017
  • restoration2 043.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,021
  • restoration2 045.jpg