Barn Find

-

oem6pak

pure stock forever
Reaction score
For about the last 7 or 8 years ive known about a 69 GTX in town setting in the back yard of this guys mom's house,a couple times a year i call him and see if he wants to sell and he never does,today i go over there and talk to his mom,she says she wants that thing out of there and gives me his cell #,i call him and he says yes,i'm supposed to call him tomorrow and he'll have a $ in mind.Its a 69 GTX #'s 440,Hemi 4spd,Dana rear car,Red w/black int,all original been setting in his mom's back yard since about 1980.I walked around it today from a quick glance it'll need lower rear quarters but fenders and rockers looked good,im gonna see if i can go over there tomorrow or Sun and take a floor jack and get underneath it for a closer inspection,i'll make sure i bring a camera for a few pics for you guys.

Go for it. If he's not asking an arm and leg try to get it.
If little rust under it that is a big plus. Anything less that 3000 is a steal IMO. Very rare car that will part out at 3000. I could be wrong but. That is a super hot car with the dana rear standard.

holy crap, i wish i could find somthin like that for a good price, id be all over it......im still waiting for my barn find 70 roadrunner or 70 challenger RT

Most of these incredible barn finds re in the good old USA. If you did find one in Canada it would be a super rare find. A few years back I found out that a fairly local salvage yard crushed a 68 GTX with the full running gear in it. I almost cried! At that time scrap was going for good bucks but obviously those people didn't know how much some of that stuff is worth!! Congrats on a rare find. Let us know what he comes up for for a price, good luck!!

1 pic

gtx.jpg

gtxdriver.jpg

Talked to him today, he's still thinking about the price,i'm guessing somewhere between $3500-5000,i'm supposed to call back next week.

i think he used kitchen shelving paper to recover them,their original underneath,the orig shifter is in the back seat,the rockers are super solid

i know of a farm not 5 miles from this car where there's a 69 340 swinger,70 R/T challenger,70 cuda,70 T/A challenger,69 R/T charger all been setting since about the late 70's,i bug him a couple times a year also about selling,i'll get some pic's of them too.

Cool. Manual brakes, steering, trans. Tach drive distributor. All the chrome is there! Original color?

What a great find. From the pics it looks to be practically complete as far as trim goes. Good luck with finding a number that works for you and the seller. For sure keep us updated!

-
Back