Barracuda carpet help

-

scottylack

Reaction score
Hey. My 65 barracuda backseat well area carpet came with extensions on the left and right. Do they face forward or backward? Confused because they don't seam to have a purpose. Centered jute in lower well but this piece can go either way!

Help!

here are two pics...first one is a crudely drawn photo from the original plans...the extra pieces are in red...
the other is a shot of it in my car...whats up with that????

Attachments

• rug.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 169
  • rug2.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 165
In mine those pieces in red go toward the rear to provide carpet next to the rear seat bottom. They end up on top of where the seat bottom goes.

What is 7 for? I would guess those tangs go forward by looking at the shapes of the driveshaft cutouts. So they are under the front seats...see the front driveshaft shape is larger than the back and the driveshaft tapers from front to back? And it would probably go over the front piece as you woldnt want your rear passenger feet to slide under the overlap... But whatever fits. That 7 piece is a scratcher...? like one side of the trunk?

I think 7 is the piece that covers the trunk divider. It's odd shaped and may need to be trimmed to fit. Give it a test fit and see if it works.

-
Back