Barracuda finally out of the garage

-

moparmorris

Reaction score
Well its been 2 1/2 years and a lot of work to get it to this point, but i think it was all worth it. The tri 4 bar is done and front suspension is just about finished. Next i will start mocking up the 5.7 hemi and trans.

IMG_0738-1.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

Love that stance!! We need more details, color, interior and please add some "before" pics. That's gonna be a wicked ride!!

Glad your getting close to driveable;
but, Wow thats low. Is there any shocks in the suspension?
Are you using an air ride setup so you can crank it up for speed bumps,
and driveways?

That would for sure, bottom out coming of the side street
where I rent the garage, for my '64 Valiant. Ouch.

Keep up the work, hope you can drive it soon. :)

I cut all the unibody metal out and made my own 2x4 frame then welded it to the body. The rear tri 4 bar i made is something i pieced together using different companys. The front suspension is mustang ii style. I started with heidts control arms and made my own crossmember and upper a-arm mounts because i needed a narrower track width, which is now 54". I am using qa1 coilovers. Ive got a 5.7 hemi and i am installing an xv motorsports carb kit. I was originally going with a t-56 but now im leaning towards a 727 auto. At first this project started out to be just some decent wheels and a paint job, but ounce i realized i couldnt get the stance i wanted with the factory suspension, it went a whole nother direction. As far as ride height, The front rocker sits about 4.5 inches from the ground and front crossmember about 5" off the ground, aslo nothing will hang below the rocker. It sits as low as my lowered Magnum, so i shouldnt have to many bottoming out issues. I will post some more picks later.

Kool, it looks lower in the photos.

Looks like it will be an Awesome ride when all is done. :)

I cut all the unibody metal out and made my own 2x4 frame then welded it to the body. The rear tri 4 bar i made is something i pieced together using different companys. The front suspension is mustang ii style. I started with heidts control arms and made my own crossmember and upper a-arm mounts because i needed a narrower track width, which is now 54". I am using qa1 coilovers. Ive got a 5.7 hemi and i am installing an xv motorsports carb kit. I was originally going with a t-56 but now im leaning towards a 727 auto. At first this project started out to be just some decent wheels and a paint job, but ounce i realized i couldnt get the stance i wanted with the factory suspension, it went a whole nother direction. As far as ride height, The front rocker sits about 4.5 inches from the ground and front crossmember about 5" off the ground, aslo nothing will hang below the rocker. It sits as low as my lowered Magnum, so i shouldnt have to many bottoming out issues. I will post some more picks later.

man...makes me want to go in debt and find another barracuda and slam it like you did. That looks really great.

Shoe horn the 5.7 in the engine bay should be fun. Can't wait to see pictures of that.
Will you be using a stock hood? any clearance issues?
Will you need a scoop?

Just sweet as heck...love to see that one day.

Aloha Mike

-
Back