BB Indy heads for A-bodys

-

moparracer

Reaction score
Has anybody tried or know sombody that has tried the new big block Indy heads designed for A-bodys? I think they are called 440-EZ. The exhaust ports are claimed to be in the stock location. I wonder if headers actually fit like they are supposed to? 440-1 heads have a raised exhaust port that makes exhaust a nitemare.

I know someone that just got a set. there going in his 440 67 Barracuda. He's using ProPart headers. I'll aski him how they worked for you. I do know his motor is set back just over an inch though.

I met a guy last night who has the Indy SR head on a low deck (400) in a '74 Duster. He used CPA or is it CPPA headers. Very very close on the passenger side. and a small denting on 1 tube just behind the manual steering box. His Duster was a manual brake and steering car. The engine was solid mounted.
After seeing how close the headers were to the body, a solid mount is probably a must. The 440 being taller, would prbably not have these issues.

I just read about those heads in a Mancinni Racing sale flier I just received today. It would be nice if they did fit as stated, in their ads. The Brodix B1-BS heads that I just installed, had a little more port location change, than they advertised. I even called Brodix and talked to a tech guy about the exhaust port location, and any header relocation. I had to dent 3 tubes pretty good, to get the headers to fit, and my car is a chassis car, with a good bit of room. I ran it 2 weeks at the track with the header tubes dented in , before my header builder had a chance to modify the headers and replace the 3 tubes. Check my other post on "Brodix B1-BS heads" to see the improvments in et .

Did the exhaust ports move up, out, or up and out? I can afford to raise my headers up but no way can I move them out. Trying to plan ahead.

The ports moved up about 1/2", moved out about 1/2" to 1", and also , the exhaust to header flange is more straight up and down, not on an angle, like on the cast iron head.

-
Back