Beaten to death

-

65Vart

Reaction score
I have a chance to pick up some Spitfires for my 65 dart. This topic has been beaten to death on here and every othe Mopar site but. My car is a hurst shifted newer style 883 4 spd. Is ther a fit problem with the clutch linkage?

I have a chance to pick up some Spitfires for my 65 dart. This topic has been beaten to death on here and every othe Mopar site but. My car is a hurst shifted newer style 883 4 spd. Is ther a fit problem with the clutch linkage?

Here is my experience. The headers will fit but it's really tight on the drivers side. It will depend on how you want to hook your exhaust pipe up on the drivers side. If you go with a slip fit hookup all you need to worry about is leakage. if you run a flange setup then of course there may be som clearance issues.

The driver side orientation of the flange is crucial because of it proximity to the Z-bar (remember it needs to come out easy too). Most of the time spent installing exhaust was spent getting the driver side tail pipe to pass through the small opening on the drivers side. That being said my 273 HP exhaust fit through the opening, even with 10.5 inch bell, so I knew it was possible when I installed the 360. One more thing to take into account is the stock brake prop. Valve because it’s in that same area the tail pipe needs to pass through.

Good Luck

Driver Side.JPG

-
Back