Beer Sale Time

-

pt70

Reaction score
There has been a lot of flack about Bud Lite on U-Tube lately. And Target too. They claim that bud lite sales dropped 28% over Memorial Day weekend. OUCH!!! Bud lite, Bud, Michelob, Corona, Stella Artois and many, many more are now owned by foreigners. Belgian corporation IN BEV. ------------- Yengling is the largest American owned beer brewery.

My question is when do they count the sales? When the beer goes thru the cash register? Or when the truck drops off the pallets? Or when the invoice gets paid? The reason I'm asking is that I just went to the supermarket and the beer aisle had a dozen pallets stacked 4' high with IN BEV products.

thats wierd, as a rule, Belgians make good beer, but all the stuff you mentioned tasted like water

Maybe the pallets are stacked high because there's no place to set it out due to not selling current stock? The way the numbers are put out, it seems to indicate cash register sales.

I just love it when companies don't think through their actions...or the White House for that matter (topless trans).

I grew up in Pennsylvania and drank Yuengling long ago. Now it is the only beer I drink. Love the Black and Tan.

Have you noticed that there are a lot of micro breweries popping up.
My thinking is more people are buying from them.
And a lot of people are drinking some of the blended beers( if that’s what you want to call beer). Don’t get me wrong they do make decent beers without flavorings.

In Bev might own it, but they aren't going to change shitty watery rice beer if thats what sells 10:1 over everything else. I can only imagine what this years flavor might have been if this "travesty" hadn't taken place - bud light lime a melon or some such nonsense

Funny -manly men in an uproar over a beer that is part of a whole category of beer (American Light Lager) that was created to appeal to women at a time when men were at war, in order to keep the business alive.

Last edited:
I would guess those numbers are coming from the distributor level or higher. There's a lot less of those than individual retailers, so the numbers would be more easily accessed.

I would guess those numbers are coming from the distributor level or higher. There's a lot less of those than individual retailers, so the numbers would be more easily accessed.
Agreed. Wholesale shipments of one brand are quick and easy to tabulate.
On the other hand, market share involves intensive polling. It's generally done by companies that specialize in it, with the results sold for significant amounts. Or it's commissioned by an interested party.

Last edited:
My dad made wine, i made beer and at Christmass time craft beers. And bought moonshine from Kiln, Miss( pronounced Kill, as in i live in Tha Kill)
Most can and bottle stuff is piss water.

Bud Lite not selling has nothing to do with how it taste's. People have always and continue to buy beer that tastes like crap... People aren't buying Bud Lite cause the company choose to advertise support for the wrong message... I won't say any more than that... If you know you know, and if you don't perhaps you should do some research..

Many many beers,are owned by the same parent company.
You can buy local, micro brews and wines.

In Bev might own it, but they aren't going to change shitty watery rice beer if thats what sells 10:1 over everything else. I can only imagine what this years flavor might have been if this "travesty" hadn't taken place - bud light lime a melon or some such nonsense

Funny -manly men in an uproar over a beer that is part of a whole category of beer (American Light Lager) that was created to appeal to women at a time when men were at war, in order to keep the business alive.

This years flavor is Busch Light Peach. Seems to play right into their Bud Light ordeal. They just announced it this week.

peach.jpg

Go into all the beer sales stores and grocery stores that handle beer here in Florida.

Bud Light and Anhieser Bush products are stacked floor to ceiling even in the walk in coolers, it's very obvious it is not selling.

Eventually they are going to have to throw it out. It's taking up shelf space and it is not moving.

Business owners are going to have to switch out the product for something that sells so they can stay in business .

Even the delivery truck drivers are sick about it, you don't even have to talk to them you can see the disgust on their face.

☆☆☆☆☆

In Bev said they will buy back all of the expired beer. In my area they have a $15 rebate, and 18 packs are $12.99, they are actually paying people to buy their beer, and the shelves are still packed with it.

Maybe the pallets are stacked high because there's no place to set it out due to not selling current stock? The way the numbers are put out, it seems to indicate cash register sales.

I just love it when companies don't think through their actions...or the White House for that matter (topless trans).

I grew up in Pennsylvania and drank Yuengling long ago. Now it is the only beer I drink. Love the Black and Tan.

My policy is, Anything made in PA.
Iron City, Yuengling, Straubs……….
NO Rolling Rock anymore.

I was recently in Costco here on Long Island and there was no Bud of any kind on the floor. Remember it is dated so they don't want to keep it. I've been to a few Benefits and Coors lite was the beer of choice. Bud has tanked big time.

Our local Ingles Market has Bud Light stacked slam to the ceiling in the cooler and on the floor. They caint sell the stuff.

I don’t give a rip about the whole advertising thing, Im just glad SOMETHING-ANYTHING shook A-B foundation after all the market manipulation they pulled, making it hard for people wanting to offer real beer.
I'd go with Yuengling if I was looking for an alternative, but if you really like butt light, you could give PBR or Natty light a chance too. Really though, you can get a really good beer with Sierra Nevada without being ridiculous priced. Yeah, it does cost more, but if you're looking for the beer buzz, it takes about 1/2 as many, alternate with water to get the full belly feel and keep hydrated.

Last edited:
-
Back