Belt Help!!!

-
15445 looks to long at 54 and 15450 looks to short at 44.5 because my power steering belt is (Standard) HC41 3/8" x 46 5/8"}
Category: Accessory Drive Belt

obviously you need to know more about belts. first off, 15445 should be shorter than 15450. secondly, each belt number jumps only 1/2" not 10".

obviously you need to know more about belts. first off, 15445 should be shorter than 15450. secondly, each belt number jumps only 1/2" not 10".

opps meant 45 not 54, Also 7460 is 46 so i need a 7470 or 7480

You could always use a cord tied around the pulleys like the belt would be, then take it to the parts store and they could use their belt mesuring tool.

Just use a cloth measuring tape like the ones made for seamstress's... run it around all of the pulleys... make sure it is tight. That measurement should be right on the money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTXperience
74BO, what car/engine is this for?

Duster small block 360

The reason I ask is because Michael (DB15) is on BBD asking about pulleys for a manual steering conversion. He said it was for a 318 (and I know you have a 360) so are you both performing the same mod to your cars. How about a pic of the front end of your engine so we can get an idea what you are working with?

I have a 13475 and a 13481 Mopar belt if you would like to try them. Email me your address and I will send you both and you send me back the one you don't need also whatever amount you think the belt is worth. Make sure to retighten the belt after a few miles-very important! If neither fits email me which one is too long or short and I'll find you the correct length.
icon7.gif

I have a 13475 and a 13481 Mopar belt if you would like to try them. Email me your address and I will send you both and you send me back the one you don't need also whatever amount you think the belt is worth. Make sure to retighten the belt after a few miles-very important! If neither fits email me which one is too long or short and I'll find you the correct length.
icon7.gif

Lemon, that is a very generous offer but don't you think that the shipping each way is going to equal/surpass the cost of a belt that can easily be purchased locally?

74BO, I am trying to figure out the issue here (wo/having to read the entire thread). If your pulleys are in place and the adjuster(s) are in the closest/loosest positions, take a measurement, get a belt or two or three and throw them on there and tighten the adjuster(s) and be done with it. Whatever belts you don't use ... return. If none of the three belts work, take them back and get another one or two in the direction you need. We've all done it - it's not brain surgery guys.

just take a old belt the right width + to long cut the belt wrap it around pulleys cut it to right length take it to parts store they can measure it

i know why he is having trouble i was looking for a correct belt for a custom app and no one can ever help unless you have a new car or part number its seems so easy to just match up a belt but its not iam still trying to get the right one i found right length just need it in 3/8 instead of 1/2 but no one can find it

but then again iam in Canada and we dont exactly have to good of parts stores for mopars like my friends down south in U S do

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTXperience
74BO, what car/engine is this for?

The reason I ask is because Michael (DB15) is on BBD asking about pulleys for a manual steering conversion. He said it was for a 318 (and I know you have a 360) so are you both performing the same mod to your cars. How about a pic of the front end of your engine so we can get an idea what you are working with?

asking for a pic soundsl like you have some doubts about who I am still. Here is what i have for right now, I dont have anything to take a picture with currently, sorry

2793807_14.jpg

it was the 47 one. I went to kragens and they had the belt. 12 dollars, but I mean now i can drive the car. Thanks everyone

asking for a pic soundsl like you have some doubts about who I am still. Here is what i have for right now, I dont have anything to take a picture with currently, sorry

Oh believe me, there's going to be doubt. Not regarding who you are but who is asking for help on what car and also because I could not figure out why choosing/finding a belt was so drawn out. The request for the picture was in order to try and figure out what the hell the problem was with your pulley setup. It seems like the trip to the local parts store was all that was needed once you took a measurement.

Well when I was able to push the ALT further foward it was eaiser to find a belt

-
Back