Belts Question??

-
lildemonkid I am not sure we have different brackets. They do look similar. Either way it does show that the bracket mounts to the water pump which was a question.

As for the final setup. I was going to save the money and at least install everything then let a professional evacuate and fill the system. That way they can verify I have no leaks and everything is good.

There is a space for an idler pulley set up on his plus the braket looks larger.

From what I have found on the internet I should be able to have the system evacuated and use modern R134. I may need to replace the o rings and possibly rubber lines.

Also I appreciate your input on the compressor and I am going to look either way. I think I may be able to talk him down to about 75 or 80 bucks with your information and that being said a rebuild would probably make it worth while. If it is frozen I won't even consider it. Sometimes you gotta take a chance.

im converting mine to r134a. just easier than finding someone with the license to purchase and dispense r12. also cheaper.

Have you done any research on using the R134A on the V2 compressors. I have heard the compressor won't handle the higher pressure of the R134A very long but I haven't researched it.

From what I have found on the internet I should be able to have the system evacuated and use modern R134. I may need to replace the o rings and possibly rubber lines.

Also I appreciate your input on the compressor and I am going to look either way. I think I may be able to talk him down to about 75 or 80 bucks with your information and that being said a rebuild would probably make it worth while. If it is frozen I won't even consider it. Sometimes you gotta take a chance.

I have taken a lot of chances and even if you can use most of the stuff you will be ahead just because of shipping.

If I get a chance I will look at the /6, power steering and AC 75 Dart I have here just for comparison tomorrow.

dont forget the fittings to check the pressure. if the compressor is locked up thats fine. a replacement is like 100 bucks. the bracket is what im most worried about. the v2 compressor works like a charm with the r134 i have a 78 lebaron that i converted and it is so cold!

dont forget the fittings to check the pressure. if the compressor is locked up thats fine. a replacement is like 100 bucks. the bracket is what im most worried about. the v2 compressor works like a charm with the r134 i have a 78 lebaron that i converted and it is so cold![/QUOTE]

Cool!

I have taken a lot of chances and even if you can use most of the stuff you will be ahead just because of shipping.

If I get a chance I will look at the /6, power steering and AC 75 Dart I have here just for comparison tomorrow.

hey do you think you could take some pictures of that setup. im hoping i can just space the p/s bracket out a inch and everything will clear.

I want to thank both of you for the help and I agree shipping alone would kill me. I am willing to take a chance for 75-100 dollars. The compressor alone runs a couple hundred so even if it gets rebuilt I am ahead. Plus the condenser I expect to have to piece the rest together but if I can come out around 400-500 I am very happy.

talk to me if you need a compressor. i work for o'reilly's and im sure we could work something out. i think i priced out like 150 for a rebuilt unit. the clutch is the only thing i cant find anywhere....

Okay I picked it up today. Turns out you were right the bracket was the wrong one. He did provide the correct one though. Also the compressor was sealed up he sent the wrong pictures apparently. I did "check" the fit and the bracket seems to mount to the top outside water pump bolts. So I have 2 questions. First do I need longer bolts? Also there is a support bracket facing almost straight down the back. Where does that mount?

Okay I picked it up today. Turns out you were right the bracket was the wrong one. He did psrovide the correct one though. Also the compressor was sealed up he sent the wrong pictures apparently. I did "check" the fit and the bracket seems to mount to the top outside water pump bolts. So I have 2 questions. First do I need longer bolts? Also there is a support bracket facing almost straight down the back. Where does that mount?

Sorry to take so long on the reply! Major accident in the family..... yes that's where it mounts and it does require longer bolts for the bracket. There should be 2 supports that hold the compressor from twisting the first mounts to the top if the head and the 2nd mounts to the motor mount on the drivers side it uses a bolt and nut there. I've had to make brackets due to the 4bbl and headers. Such a PITA....

Thank you. Do you know how long? I am thinking 1/4 or 1/2 inch would likely be good.

Sorry to hear about your accident I hope all is well or at least it ended well. I have had several friends loose close relatives recently.

Yeah. They are maybe 1/2 inch longer. Luckily behind the pump is open so you can run a longer bolt. And it looks like there will be a full recovery. It was my little brother. He was in a head on collision. He got really messed up and it will take a long time for him to heal up but he should make a full recovery.

-
Back