like my bench would love console though

Attachments

• 253130_111804078969123_1679591717_n.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 143
  • 644338_111804178969113_346317204_n.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 419365_111804205635777_585330256_n.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 149
My car was originally column shift, bench seat with center arm rest. The PO. changed it to buckets, floor shift with console. I would change it back in a minute if I could find all the parts required. There's something about a bench seat car.

My 340 Duster is a factory bench seat car with column shift 727. Of course I would prefer a 4-speed when I want to squirrel around or race it but I like the comfortable bench arm rest and auto when I am in stop and go traffic. I also prefer to sit more upright when driving which the bench is superior to over the buckets. I have had bucket seat 4-speed cars in the past and liked them too. What I didn't like about the buckets was trying to clean out all the little tiny bits of stuff that collects between the seat and the console. It seemed that the vacuum nozzle always left something behind. Never had that problem with a bench.

There are pluses and minus' in all the comments, but bench seat, column shift GM muscle cars were very rare back in the day. This says that very few wanted them then, so very few want them now. Olds and Buick probably had most of the bench's back then since they were considered the upscale muscle cars.

I have had one the the cleanest beautiful 68 fastback Barracuda's you'll ever see. The column shift bench seat made lots of people turn their nose up in disgust. But that column shift DOES EXACTLY the same thing the console floor shift does AND my girl can sit right next to me while doing it!!! I sold the car but being a bench seat column shift wasn't the reason!!!

IMG_2896.JPG

IMG_2015.JPG

I prefer buckets and counsel looks better. In fact I have passed on a few great cars because they didn’t have buckets snd counsol. Kim

My 69 Dart I am rebuilding was originally buckets with a console shift automatic. I'm converting it to bench/column shift. I have always like column automatics since many of my early cars were just that.

-
Back