Votes: 39 51.3%
  • He is talking out his rear, behind, ***

Votes: 24 31.6%

• Total voters
-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
So I had someone tell me that a bodies particularly dart body styles, have a tendincy to have a slight bend in the drive shafts because of the length of them. Now I know they are not a exceptionally long shaft, but I was curious as to how many of you if ever have heard of this or had it happen. Just curious if this guy is just talking out his rear or if this is a common issue. Myself I have never heard of it.

Same drive shaft as a 340 car, assuming a 727 or 833 and an 8 3/4. May or may not have the big u joint. His behind is definitely sucking wind..

Whoever told you this has told you the absolute truth. What other bits of worldly wisdom does he produce in his oratories?

In fact, I don't believe I've ever seen an A body that did NOT have a bent shaft

you can go to your mopar dealer and get a blue pill that straightens out the shaft every time!

....maybe buddy meant out of balance ??

Well the good thing was he is not a buddy, but just a guy I know and we were talking cars one day and he was serious. He insisted that they actually bend. I questioned him also and asked if he meant out of balance also. He said nope, they bend slightly and cause a really bad vibration issue.

Needless to say I shrugged my shoulders and changed the subject. I also have never heard of this but thought I would post up this poll in case I missed something.

Since I'm leaning a little towards "old" I've heard a lot of "stuff." I never can find out where people get "stuff."

One of the very all time bests ones is this, and I swear, it's true

YEARS ago I sold parts. Some guy comes in with a nice nearly finished 62? Vette and wanted some of the large air vent hose in the heater system.

So we go outside and a small crowd happens. I'm standing there measuring this up, and some moron pipes up and says like so:

'Zat a 327?"

"Yes"

"Yeh, yea ken always tell these 'Vette engines 'cause they are A LITTLE SHORTER than a reg'lar Chivvy motor."

My driveshaft is bent right now. Not a factory shaft, either. I had it built with race tubing. I have been fighting a vibration for a year. I had it on the hoist with the wheels turning and at the yokes it is nice and steady, but the middle moves up and down 3/8" to 1/2". I am sending it in for repair this week.

Very interesting, It does make me wonder where people come up with this stuff at.

Since I'm leaning a little towards "old" I've heard a lot of "stuff." I never can find out where people get "stuff."

YEARS ago I sold parts. Some guy comes in with a nice nearly finished 62? Vette and wanted some of the large air vent hose in the heater system.

So we go outside and a small crowd happens. I'm standing there measuring this up, and some moron pipes up and says like so:

'Zat a 327?"

"Yes"

"Yeh, yea ken always tell these 'Vette engines 'cause they are A LITTLE SHORTER than a reg'lar Chivvy motor."

My driveshaft is bent right now. Not a factory shaft, either. I had it built with race tubing. I have been fighting a vibration for a year. I had it on the hoist with the wheels turning and at the yokes it is nice and steady, but the middle moves up and down 3/8" to 1/2". I am sending it in for repair this week.

HAHA so it is true! Well maybe its a MN thing only?

I think it's a Proven Force thing. Ever since Rick left, it's been all downhill. You ever hit American Motorsports on Wednesday nights? My brother lives in Cottage Grove, so we hit their show most Wednesdays when the weather is nice.

Ive heard the same thing about proven force.

Ya, we only live a mile from there so we swing by every now and then. Drove by last Wed. they had one of the drag cars there that was heading up to Brainerd. We didnt stop though because I was out testing the car. Lots of nice stuff there

I was there last week also. It was hard to find a place to park. The one race car was driven by a woman. She looked like she might have eaten Danica Patrick. The car had the horsepower and she had the horseface. We'll have to meet there one of these days. I might be persuaded to buy you a beer.

She looked like she might have eaten Danica Patrick. The car had the horsepower and she had the horseface. We'll have to meet there one of these days. I might be persuaded to buy you a beer.

If I remember correctly it was the Ynot racing team.

For sure we can meet up. Always great to meet fellow members

One of my guys bent a driveshaft on a Dart,, Incorrecly set hoist,, centre-post lifted on the drive-shaft,, put a little dimple in it.. Vibrated at hiway speed.. It was MY Dart... sheesh...

One of my guys bent a driveshaft on a Dart,, Incorrecly set hoist,, centre-post lifted on the drive-shaft,, put a little dimple in it.. Vibrated at hiway speed.. It was MY Dart... sheesh...

Now that would upset me just a little bit. Hopefully you took it out of his pay LOL

I got mine off today and Proven Force picked it up. The guy asked me FIVE freaking times if I was sure Proven Force built it. I finally gave him a death stare after the fifth time and he shut up. I paid $550 to get the damn thing built. I'm pretty sure I know who built it.

'Zat a 327?"

"Yes"

I have heard this from someone at a show. So I followed him to a corvette sitting next to a 57 chevy. With the finned valve covers and the tall intake on the corvette. It did look shorter. I could not convince him that it was an optical illusion due to the intake.

Many tire shores have or did have a small scissor lift ( 2 pads laying in the bay ).
Those pizzy little lifts bent a whole bunch of drive shafts over the years.

-
Back