Best Burnout Conditions

-

Brian

Reaction score
I am continually frustrated with a small engine and the inability to do a billowing smoke burnout. I'm looking to have fun without having to make a right hand turn all of the time. Eventually, I will have a more powerfull engine, but until then...For all of you experts out there, what are the ideal conditions & techniques to make a great burnout (wet/dry, concrete/asphalt, etc.)? :notworth:

Wish I could help I have the opposite problem, I thought it would be cool to have a car that could spin the tires at will, not too much fun at 25 MPH when the tires cut loose or when you're at the strip and it feels like you're on ice and you end up with 2.60 60' times.

If you must spin the tires, wet blacktop should be the easiest, maybe the wide white painted stop lines at most intersections, my tires alway accidently spin on those, or you could carry a gallon of bleach and put it down in a parking lot when no one is looking, you could start of on the gravel on the shoulder of the road, maybe a steep incline? if all else fails how about the dreaded neutrel drop?

1. Pump the brakes up and then hold them.

2. Bring up the rpms till it almost wants to stall.

3. Mash the gas to the floor and release the brake pedal at the same time!:burnout:Don't forget to have a friend snap a picture!!!

I find just lite on the brakes to hold the car. Bring up the revs enough to turn
the rear tires. Hold the brake for a little bit longer and let it loose.
If that won't work buy a line lock. Good luck, Green Duster

You are asking for the best, this is about the worst, and....if your really determind to spin, and doing this you may find your weakest link "first" in your drive line...(snap-snap)...back up in reverse a tad, drop her into neutral while still rolling a bit, then "nap" it into 1st, while at the "same" moment "stomping" it hard. (This is "not" good advice for autos). [-X

get more power :thumblef: , bleach works good for burn outs it makes white smoke :evil2: watch out for your cloths though, i wouldnt sugest neutral drops, that may help, perhaps smaller tires

What kinda motor are you running? I am asking because even my /6 with a bazillion miles, and for days of blowby would spin them in my wagon. Before it died a death befitting it and all of it's glory.

Maybe it was due to the extra throttle movement I got when i'd hammer down on the peddle and the floor would flex and move. Well the car was lighter to from the factory installed lightweight sheetmetal. Actually it was dealer option but you all know how that is. Rus can be lighter than steel I have found out, the Fred Flintstone way.

I've got a 67' Dart, four door with a /6. I've also got a 72' Charger with a 318, 2bbl, that has the same problem, small engine, heavy car. Like most people, I'm on a shoestring budget and am piecing parts together. I'm looking for a good, used 600-650 cfm carb for the 318.

Ok, this may sound a bit overboard, but ya could rig an old winshield washer pump/reservoir in trunk area to squirt water or bleach on your tires. Put the jets in the wheelwells. BTW, bleach makes for the smokier burnout. With a switch on the dash no one would ever know :)

:wack: Be Creative !

Back in the day when I had my 68 Fury convertible,with 318 2bbl..I had to start the burnout in the dirt to get em going.

You could also do like the new Mustang in the commercials. You know wet down an entire parking lot and do burn outs and do-nuts. That commercial really blows!!!:wack:

Now back to our originally scheduled programming!

well i had a dart custom 4 dr with the stock EVERYTHING on it 318 and 2bbl carb.... and the regular old peg leg rear end and i could spin the tires.... tire with the best of them.... all you have to do is find that sweet spot holding the brake down and applying just enough gas to turn the rubber...... plus i could fishtail it around a corner pretty easy i had no problems with it

onehellofadart said:
You could also do like the new Mustang in the commercials. You know wet down an entire parking lot and do burn outs and do-nuts. That commercial really blows!!!:wack:

Now back to our originally scheduled programming!

Tony, LOL that just reminded me how they did "some" rice car commercials...They use to put their rear wheels on Macdonald food trays (apply the EM) and go crazy with fish tails being FWD. :wack:

Now we'll go back to our originally scheduled programming!! :)

I actually used to have the old washer bottle squirter setup on an old car I had (4 cylinder shitter) & it works really well until you dont have time to turn the switch off before a corner (woooo hooooo).I used to use diesel it also produces very thick white smoke & is slippery as hell.I used to be able to drop back to second at 60kmh & fry tyres past the traffic,used to go out racing & lose every race but people would be astonished to see the car sideways for hundreds of metres & shifting gears
Another good trick (not recommended for driving around but great for static burnouts & photos) is to use vice grips on the flexible hose to the rear brakes.

-
Back