Best Mopar engine builder in your area

-
Goodwin Competition if you got deep pockets, or Appleton crankshaft, they build anything but are very good with Mopars .

if your in the midwest,,,close to northern indiana,,,gary indiana,,,if they are still there im sure they are,, rhyne racing engines,,,best professional experience i ever had,,,these guys are engine builders,,,,not chevy not ford not mopar,,,,they know whats going on,,they build world of out laws motors,,,if you want a motor to live have a engine builder that builds roundy round motors,,,,they know all the trick to make them LIVE,,,,,

My son and Dave. Pa. HTA machine A perfectionist on everything. Any motor, any size. They just did 2 motors that had to match for a Sherman Tank. Harleys, indians , Aluminum Hemi's to street bikes Nothing to big or to small. Alcohol to Nitro. Any size Diesel up to D10 Cat Dozers. Straighten Heads that cannot be shaved. Straighten aluminum Nitro blocks. Spray welding anything iron thats broke or missing big chunks. Replace chambers and valve pockets in any destroyed aluminum head. Spread guides for larger valves. There is nothing they cannot do everything done in house. Balance to 0 grams if needed. specialize in anything no one else will take on. $$$$

Thanks Ted Johnson, I will be calling him for my 340. I am just over the hill. This article rocks.

I would say Wesmar Racing Engines....I know they probably don't do a lot of Mopars now...But Bob Westphal is more than capable....

R&J Performance. Radar has done experimental head work for Chrysler Corp. And was a pioneer of the B1 engine.
Mid America Racing Engines is a hour south. Dave Bruns and crew have built and participated in the Amsoil/Mopar Muscle engine competition many times.

Koffels Place is right around the corner from me, and Muscle Motors is also less than an hour away as well! If I want to spend money I can go there, but Auto Parts Machine Shop in Ann Arbor has machined and assembled the last few motors I've done!! Everybody in my area knows Darrell does a great job on Mopars, and hes really reasonable!!

Hensley Racing, Knoxville. He's built me a couple and had 0 problems at all from their customer service or HP claims. They built exactly what I wanted.

I do my own stuff but if I had to hand off a project without question Chris Marshall at the NAPA in Richmond, VA. I have always held his ability in knowledge in high regards......

JW

Not exactly in my area, but there's IMM Engines in Indio, CA. I drove about 2 hours south to get my engine built there.

In my immediate area, there's JMS in El Monte, CA. There's also L&R Engines in Santa Fe Springs, CA. There's others, but those last two were also recommended to me, but I went with IMM.

I am because:

#1: I like to build things. I am not afraid to learn and get my hands dirty.
#2: I don't like folks to work on my junk.
#3: I don't like to pay through the nose because 'it's a Mopar'; the price instantly doubles, even though it's the same technology and approach of any other american made car.
#4: Nobody cares about your stuff like you do.
#5: Engine builds are easy. It's the right machine work that is key.

What's that saying? Built not bought? :D

-
Back