Best place to buy front suspension bushing rebuild kit

-

gtmopar

Phuckin A!
Reaction score
Where's the best place you guys have found to buy front end bushings? I'm pulling the front k member and going through all of it. Should I go poly or rubber? It's for a 65 dart so not sure who will stock those parts for early A's. might try summit to see what they have but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks guys.

I haven't gone through a front suspension in several years but back then, I would only suggest PSC (Performance Suspensin Cmponents) in AZ. They were the only ones using all American made parts (Moog, TRW, etc.). The others (PST, etc.) were pulling from bins that had a mixture of domestic and foreign parts. When it comes to bushings and other suspension components, US-made is still number one. Good luck.

Yea dealt with them many years ago as well. Seemed a bit expensive at the time that was the reason I was wondering if there was an alternative place to go.

I got a Poly kit for my '75 from PS Components recently. Included everything but the pitman. Don't recall the price, but was less than PST at the time. All the bushings were Energy Suspension and the hard parts were McQuay-Norris. The M-N stuff had no 'Made in" on the box, but found USA on some of the castings. I ended up getting a set of regular bushings at AutoZone for the lowers, after sliding the poly in the LCA's I could see why many people say they don't hold position. I did see recently on here that PST is throwing in the standard lowers with their poly kit.
Another thing to consider is if you want the offset uppers which are not available in poly.. Havent got it together yet, but I talked to the garage that will be doing my allignment and they felt with everything else replaced I should not need them. He also felt that big blocks tend to have more frame distortion and more likely to need the offsets than my 6 cyl.

I haven't gone through a front suspension in several years but back then, I would only suggest PSC (Performance Suspensin Cmponents) in AZ. They were the only ones using all American made parts (Moog, TRW, etc.). The others (PST, etc.) were pulling from bins that had a mixture of domestic and foreign parts. When it comes to bushings and other suspension components, US-made is still number one. Good luck.

Uhhhh, my powder coating shop is called PSC. :-D The one you're wanting to contact is PST, Performance Suspension Technology. They're also a FABO Vendor and will offer you a substantial discount too. Look for their ad on the right side of your page.

You wont get optimal alignment settings for radial tires without offset upper arm bushings. If you want the best available in every component you will need to piece mill them together. Yes it will cost more than any single source kit.

Not sure where you are in cali, but I got my energy kit from this guy in modesto. very knowledgeable, and he even mailed out extra pieces when my brother ran into issues.

http://suspension.com/

PS bought poly same as my brother, his car has no suspension squeaks. (mine is not assembled yet)

PPS i bought the hard parts (ball joints, tie rod ends, sleeves etc) all moog brand through rock auto and amazon

Thankfully all my hard parts are still hard.......oh wrong subject lol. I inspected all ball joints and tie rods and they are all good just need to replace some of the bushings. Thanks for all the info guys ill exhaust all options.

Thankfully all my hard parts are still hard.......oh wrong subject lol. I inspected all ball joints and tie rods and they are all good just need to replace some of the bushings. Thanks for all the info guys ill exhaust all options.

I went with the Moog offset bushings, and improved strut rod bushings. I only used poly for sway bar mount bushings (I don't have any bushings on the end links).

My take: Everyone seems to think you need massive t-bars, SS springs and non-compliant bushings in order to handle. I don't think that's true. What you need is NEW bushings and the correct alignment setup, then add some roll control and decent shocks. Things need to be tightened up to the point that they work the way they are supposed to.

-
Back