Best street/strip tires?

-
I run the same size as famous Bob.....can't remember the brand for the life of me.
I found tires with an S rating , tested to 112 m.p.h..
That is the highest speed rating I could find in this size and they work well.

Tire rack only offers 27x6x15 and I'm just not sure that will clear my fenders?
I'm using the 73 disks so my wheel is already super close to the fender lip.

Tire rack only offers 27x6x15 and I'm just not sure that will clear my fenders?
I'm using the 73 disks so my wheel is already super close to the fender lip.
Try using metric sizing, you'll find a lot more.

mickey thompson et street r. the best longest lasting drag radial around. my mustang has about 7K miles on them and they still have about 20% on them. they have seen about 100 passes down the track

I've ran both Nitto 555 extreme's and M/T SS drag radials. The M/T's got slightly better traction on the street (can't get anything to hook good on the street) but I only got about 3500 miles out of them. Had 2 sets of Nitto's and they lasted close to 10,000 street miles each (several big burnouts too) and their a lot cheaper to buy so for someone like me that drives a lot the Nitto's are the way to go. They hook at the track just fine and my last run was 12.24 at 112

mickey thompson et street r. the best longest lasting drag radial around. my mustang has about 7K miles on them and they still have about 20% on them. they have seen about 100 passes down the track
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^they don't bite good enough for my set up ! Got two sets for sale right now.

I've had good luck with these. Mickey Thompson ET Street SS. I run 275/60/15, they'll hook good enough to pull the front tires at the track but I think I've got almost 4,000 street miles on my current ones.

Drag Radial.jpg

Dart 12.PNG

You might want to look into dialing the suspension if you cant get that tire to bite. ive been 1.3x on them
yeah, I definitely have a problem--------------no doubt !
You might want to look into dialing the suspension if you cant get that tire to bite. ive been 1.3x on them
Yeah, I definitely have a problem , no doubt !

I'm torn between the 555R and the MT street R. Might lean more toward the 555R since they offer a bit more contact patch. Bummer they dont make a 325/60/15

I run M/T street R's, I have well over 1000 miles and 9 track passes (mixed in with a bunch of street abuse). 16 psi at the track 30 psi street and still more than half life left. I first ran M&H's, got a flat and switched to M/T's for $200 less (for the same size). Never going back

-
Back