Best stroker combo?

-

65cuda360

Reaction score
I'm thinking about upgrading to a hotter motor than my warmed over 360. What's the best stroker motor?

for racing...for street...for towing...for your boat?

Good catch Gryzynx

I say bore it 0.040" and go with a 3.31 crank lol

What kimmer, skrews, and rumble said...:D.

A easy 500 lbs ft, even with a milder build. Should be plenty for a "A"bodied street car.

Cheap stroker? Lol

Build a 360 like Tonys and put the stroker & balancing $$ into a good set of ported heads.

Stock stroke 10:1 360 with professionally worked heads will be all you'll ever need.

I 4th put money in the top end thats where the power is
I'd only worry about going 408, depends what you consider streetable when you getting above 400hp like 450-500+ hp a 408 will bring it back into a streetable rpm.

It's easy enough to say "put the money into the top end"

but most any build beyond 350hp it's wise to purchase new rods.

Oops, that's 1/3 the cost of a stroker.

new rods you say? oh I guess we'll need to be balancing that!

oops, that's now become over half the cost of a stroker.

So why not just spend the extra $650 and get the stroker?

$650 in cylinder head/valvetrain components doesn't go very far but an extra 50-60 cubes is a really nice thing to have.

When selecting a stroker kit for a Harley build, two main considerations came into play; Volumetric efficiency, and piston skirt depth. Some of the Harley stroker combos had such shallow skirts to clear the crank, the pistons would rock in the bore after not many miles from the crank thrust causing accelerated cylinder wear. Big torque and short life are tradeoffs. Do these issues come into play with Mopar strokers?

It's easy enough to say "put the money into the top end"

but most any build beyond 350hp it's wise to purchase new rods.

Oops, that's 1/3 the cost of a stroker.

new rods you say? oh I guess we'll need to be balancing that!

oops, that's now become over half the cost of a stroker.

So why not just spend the extra $650 and get the stroker?

$650 in cylinder head/valvetrain components doesn't go very far but an extra 50-60 cubes is a really nice thing to have.

External balance it. Here's your rods.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCA-2ICR612...Parts_Accessories&hash=item589a63227c&vxp=mtr

To get a stroker to breath and make good power your gunna need heads. The same 360 with good heads will out power a stoker that does not breath. Stock type heads touched a bit on a stroker will make prob 430hp ish or so. The 360 with good heads will be in the 500hp+ mark for less $$.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OeX3LWkJKWg[/ame]

Mad dart makes sense unless you want the cubes now and so the heads later.
Truth be told, he'll be happier with a well done 360 over a stroker tha can't breath. If the engine you bud can't breath, you would have been better off buildings smaller engine tha can.

Louis nailed it. A 408 minimum,needs 240-250 cfm,and a aggressive cam : 250@ .050 on a solid,[email protected] on a hydraulic cam.(flat tappet). Had a Comp 294s in my 408,idled in drive @ 850,with a very slight lope.

External balance it. Here's your rods.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCA-2ICR612...Parts_Accessories&hash=item589a63227c&vxp=mtr

To get a stroker to breath and make good power your gunna need heads. The same 360 with good heads will out power a stoker that does not breath. Stock type heads touched a bit on a stroker will make prob 430hp ish or so. The 360 with good heads will be in the 500hp+ mark for less $$.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OeX3LWkJKWg

When you build a 500hp engine you are almost guaranteed to need new rods and pistons and having the assembly balanced isn't even a question.

In that scenario the only money you're truly saving is the cost of a crankshaft itself. (lol this is something of a sore point for me coz I didn't stroke my 318 but it ended up costing me as much as if I would have)

Last time I checked the cost of a stroker crank is about $650-700

What can you get in the way of top end upgrades for $650-700 that is going to net you more gain than an extra 50 cubes would do?

Hook,Heads, Stroke .in that order
without traction the power is meaningless.

-
Back