best time yesterday!

-

67moparfan

Reaction score
I got a 10.82 @ 122.38 yesterday at Speed World. good day of racing, although my brother finally beat me at 10.77 @ 124 with his Nova, he has been trying for more than a year to get me with his 600+hp 406...of course he wouldn't let it go afterwards (not against each other though).

when we did run together, I beat him 10.84 @ 123.09 to his 10.95 @ 124.76

I'll have to find a couple tenths somewhere to keep him in check.

my other brother has video, whenever he gets it up I'll post it.

got video now, unfortunately my brothers Nova race is shown first, then my Dart.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcuHcDYoypY&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]my 10.82 race[/ame]

600+hp and 124 mph on what looks like a 3200# car. If it really has 600hp, it should be running 5 mph faster.

He has a ladder bar or link car, you have leaf springs. I'd say you are doing OK!

600+hp and 124 mph on what looks like a 3200# car. If it really has 600hp, it should be running 5 mph faster.

He has a ladder bar or link car, you have leaf springs. I'd say you are doing OK!

He watched Pass Time....lol

the 600+ is at the crank.

thanks, I would like to make caltracs, and run a smaller tire, just haven't gotten around to it.

the 600+ is at the crank.

thanks, I would like to make caltracs, and run a smaller tire, just haven't gotten around to it.

67 nice car and thanks fort the vid. sorry to high jack your post. but seeing how we are throwing hp numbers around. i would like to ask about how much hp does it take to run a car that weighs 3520, run 10.66 at 125 in the 1/4? thanks Mopar65

I really like how the dodge van gave the cheby a run.

11.51 for the old dodge van ran pretty hard! I remember one in the early 80 in dundalk Md we were out street racing one night and there was a dodge van like that kicking every ones butt. He was pissing off all the chebby folks! He collected a tidy sum by the end of the evening.

Did you buy that car from someone in Las Vegas?

Look like the car has a tinted plexiglass grille...

But the leaf spring car needs some tunning/small changes to pick up a couple tenths. There is some time lost in the way it is now. It's not working the way it should esp. with the hp it has. would love to hear the setup. Maybe we could help without spending any or very little $$$. Just some wrenching.

thanks for the comments!
70aarcudaDid you buy that car from someone in Las Vegas?

Look like the car has a tinted plexiglass grille...

yes it came from Vegas, the guy I bought it from here in Phoenix came from there....and the grille will be going as soon as I get the other headlight bezel and nose trim I'm still missing.
bsad67Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedback

But the leaf spring car needs some tunning/small changes to pick up a couple tenths. There is some time lost in the way it is now. It's not working the way it should esp. with the hp it has. would love to hear the setup. Maybe we could help without spending any or very little $$$. Just some wrenching.

I dont have any knowledge with a car like this, this is my first drag car. I basically left it the way I bought it, just rebuilt the engine and put a new carb on it, and I put an alternator on it. so I'm sure the car has more in it.

not sure what to list but here's what I know:

360 (internally balanced cast crank stock stroke)
Brodix heads (unported I think)
Mopar Purple Shaft (unknown spec) mechanical
new Comp Cams springs, the old ones broke an inner spring
Mopar roller rockers 1.5 (.028/.032 hot)
MSD ignition, 7al with pro tower coil, MSD dist. set at 40deg (not sure
what rpm its all in at though). NGK plugs (dont remember the gap, maybe .040")
ROSS pistons set to zero deck height (dont know compression, I didnt cc the heads or do exact measurements)
Z-gap rings (dont remember what the ring gaps were)
H-beam rods (dont remember the brand, it had Childs & Albert aluminums)
Mopar air gap intake
950HP holley with stock rear jets, went down 2 sizes (I think they are 77's now) in primary because plugs were black/dark, now they are tan.
unknown headers, look like big tubes 1-7/8"??
BG fuel pump set at 8psi idle (I just resealed the pump)
"purple" fuel purchased at the track, 110octane?
VR1 20w/50

904 w/8" converter unknown, but flashes to 5300rpm
has manual reverse Cheetah valve body
unknown clutches/internals
I just changed the fluid and filter (even though the guy said it sat for 3 years)
TCI shifter
type-F fluid

Ferd 9" with 4:88 posi

31x13-15 Goodyears (too big I think, but came with car)
11psi
not sure what leaf springs are in it.
has adjustable front and rear shocks (have a red dial with numbers) but
I dont know what to adjust them to, so I left them where they were.

launch at 3800
shift at (usually) 6800

last race of the night the wife told me to rev it higher (because I told her it felt like it still pulled pretty good) so after I explained to her that if I blew the 360, because she told me too, that we would go bigger and better....she said do it!
sooo, the last run I went to 7500 and did 10.84 @ 123.09
slightly more mph.

like I said, not sure what else to list.
but any suggestions would be awesome!

I friend of mine build the car....him and his son...and then after they got the car finished he died at work of a heart attack,,,,

I saw it out at Vegas a few times...

The hood used to be on my 69 Barracuda..I sold it to Sam many years ago...Good to see the car is out racing...

Converter was a Continental...if it is the original...had a mopar 590 If i remember....yes..the car had the Brodix heads back went Sam built it...

pretty sure the headers are Hookers 1 7/8

I friend of mine build the car....him and his son...and then after they got the car finished he died at work of a heart attack,,,,

I saw it out at Vegas a few times...

The hood used to be on my 69 Barracuda..I sold it to Sam many years ago...Good to see the car is out racing...

Converter was a Continental...if it is the original...had a mopar 590 If i remember....yes..the car had the Brodix heads back went Sam built it...

bummer he died, did he get to run it?

it would be cool to know more about the history of the car.
the guy I bought it from didnt seem to know much about it (his friends got him to buy it and raced it for 2 years before parking it if I remember right)

Yes..they did run it at the old Vegas track...I was pretty good friends with Sam and Chris..the own an auto repair shop...S & C Auto here in Vegas..

still listed in the yellow pages...I dont know if Chris is still there....He is the one that did most of the work on the car...

-
Back