Best weapon for Concealed Carry advise

-
I picked up my new carry piece on Saturday
77843070-B51A-44C0-9993-BC7615CCEDB0.jpeg
F2DCB7E9-E8F4-46D1-AD3B-DFAB9353262D.jpeg

I ordered it and while I was waiting ordered 500 round of ammo, a scope, a tripod, and a bore sighter tool. Everything else showed up and I was waiting a week for the gun. Lol
Depending on which bore sighting tool you got. Should you become frustrated with it, just bust rifle in half, secure top half (upper receiver) so it does not move, then remove bolt carrier group. Then you can simply look right down the inside of the barrel, your eye will naturally center in the two circles of one light and one dark. Note where it is pointing and then check optics and dial in to match. Poor mans bore sighted! Hah!

I thought about this for a long time before I started really carrying concealed everywhere. If you carry concealed, that means "whatever" situation is probably going to be close quarters. I chose the NAA .22 Magnum 5 shot revolver. I carry it in a legal, leather pocket holster, with five more rounds in a snap pocket in the holster.

Inexperienced people always laugh when I tell them I carry a .22. All of my close law enforcement friends, and I have several, all agree they'd probably rather take a .38 shot than a .22 Magnum. It's a nasty little round, especially the little hollow points I carry in it. It's light, small and I've had to tell myself, "Rob, go put that back in the car", because I even forgot it was there, when we'd go in for like a car tag or somethin.
lol

It's only a 1 5/8 barrel, but if you practice with it, you can bust a bullseye at 25 yards with a hip shot. I can.
I agree. I like my .22. A few well placed shots can be QUITE effective. Plus, like I tell everyone who poo poos a .22, your average bad guy isn't going to say, "He only has a .22." He is going to scream when you fire and run like hell. Unless you are a good shot; then he won't be doing much running.

Last edited:
If I had to go into pittsburgh I would. Lol.
I was out Pittsburgh way around the end of June just drove through the tunnels and over the bridges on the main highway that goes around the city. etc. It cant be no worse than Philly...Philly I haven't been there in the city since 2013 and i cant take the I 76 traffic, I have friends in Jersey that want me to stop down i am like "man I dont feel like driving down there...":) actually Pittsburgh looked nice but i am not that familiar with the area.

I was out Pittsburgh way around the end of June just drove through the tunnels and over the bridges on the main highway that goes around the city. etc. It cant be no worse than Philly...Philly I haven't been there in the city since 2013 and i cant take the I 76 traffic, I have friends in Jersey that want me to stop down i am like "man I dont feel like driving down there...":) actually Pittsburgh looked nice but i am not that familiar with the area.

Pittsburgh is a beautiful city but without getting political have the wrong party in rule. I make the trip once a year usually for the World Of Wheels car show and I’m good with that.

A ruger p94 was my first carry gun its the 40 cal version of your 89, I carried it for a while then switched to a 1911 carried it for a year or two then kinda just carouseled several different guns before I found the one that I love. The last 10 years iv carried a glock 26 and I love it! Its small enough to conceal large enough to handle effectively and the 9mm gives plenty of knockdown with the advantage of more capacity, the glocks magazines are interchangeable so I can put a glock 17 or 19 mag in my 26 and have a 19 round capacity. I carry it with the stock 10 round mag for concealablity and carry 2 spare 19 mags so I have 48 rounds on me at all times. I love the simplicity of the glock no frills no buttons or contraptions no safeties just draw point and click. It took me a while to find the perfect gun for me but the glock is it. I still love my ruger p94 and my 1911 and my Taurus 24-7 and my sig but my everyday carry is my glock 26.

Here ya go DIY here is yours truly with my little minx, and yes I like me a nice red dot. Totally agree with you. I defended my crown again in black rifle category this year. The young guns are trying to take me out. And yes I train and compete in body armor. I figure if it gets to the point I am wielding a rifle I will have my armor on. Train like you fight!

6BE3D426-4E86-482B-893C-3CAE7B11011D.jpeg

A ruger p94 was my first carry gun its the 40 cal version of your 89, I carried it for a while then switched to a 1911 carried it for a year or two then kinda just carouseled several different guns before I found the one that I love. The last 10 years iv carried a glock 26 and I love it! Its small enough to conceal large enough to handle effectively and the 9mm gives plenty of knockdown with the advantage of more capacity, the glocks magazines are interchangeable so I can put a glock 17 or 19 mag in my 26 and have a 19 round capacity. I carry it with the stock 10 round mag for concealablity and carry 2 spare 19 mags so I have 48 rounds on me at all times. I love the simplicity of the glock no frills no buttons or contraptions no safeties just draw point and click. It took me a while to find the perfect gun for me but the glock is it. I still love my ruger p94 and my 1911 and my Taurus 24-7 and my sig but my everyday carry is my glock 26.

ever consider a kel tec sub2000 ?
(i dont remember if it was @Bad Sport or @RustyRatRod who'se got one, maybe they both do)
but they take the glock magazines and its a nice gun

iu

Here ya go DIY here is yours truly with my little minx, and yes I like me a nice red dot. Totally agree with you. I defended my crown again in black rifle category this year. The young guns are trying to take me out. And yes I train and compete in body armor. I figure if it gets to the point I am wielding a rifle I will have my armor on. Train like you fight!

awesome
(i think i mighta seen that picture posted before)

i personally dont have body armor but it makes sense to train for all facets of the situation

if i ever swing by that way i may have to take you up on that range offer

ever consider a kel tec sub2000 ?
(i dont remember if it was @Bad Sport or @RustyRatRod who'se got one, maybe they both do)
but they take the glock magazines and its a nice gun

iu

awesome
(i think i mighta seen that picture posted before)

i personally dont have body armor but it makes sense to train for all facets of the situation

if i ever swing by that way i may have to take you up on that range offer
Anytime guy, you got a place to crash and we will burn some powder.

I carry what is comfortable for me, and that’s a walther ppk 380 hardly know it’s there. Is powerful, not really but unless a person is methed out of there mind someone is not going to walk into that. My wife has a 22 she is really comfortable with it and that is key. When I was just out of high school I bought a 45 acp for carrying, I can count on my hands the amount of times I carried it, just too uncomfortable.

Although I live in an Open Carry State I feel uncomfortable showing the whole world I have a weapon on me. Right now I have a 9MM Ruger P89 that feels to cumbersome to conceal. Besides I've never really liked it that well. I'm not well versed in handguns at all and plan to attend local classes here to gain the knowledge I need. What I'm asking is for suggestions for a good Pistol to carry that doesn't cost the National Debt to buy.
I’ve carried full size pistols like the 1911 and my M&P for years now. About a month ago I happened into a steal of a deal at the local gun store and ended up with a Glock G42 with night sights and a sure fire light/laser combo. I’ve never been a Glock fan and still am not. But this G42 is awesome, I do have the mag extensions which help. But it fits in my pocket with a pocket sleeve. I’m planning on an ankle holster and using it as my back up piece.

Two different peace officers I knew in my past kept this combination in the night stand revolver
th?id=OIP.jpg
th?id=OIP.jpg

In chamber #1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . In the remainder, hollow base wad cutters, hand loaded base up.
They believed the flash, noise and pain of the bird shot would deter the invader.
If necessary the wad cutters mushroom like crazy upon impact when flying in reverse.
2 reasons for the wad cutters, massive damage to invader and less likely to wind up in the neighbor's house.

-
Back