Bf Goodrich brown walls

-
1678424190102.jpeg

Sort of related, has anyone heard if this same thing happens on the current wide white Silvertowns?

Wesley's bleach white worked well years ago, just like many other chemicals of the past , the formula is probably not as strong as it was

Wesley's bleach white worked well years ago, just like many other chemicals of the past , the formula is probably not as strong as it was
I used that for years dating back to the early 70's it worked great for dirty white walls and white letters. It does not work on these BFG stained white letters. BFG knows there's an issue and will warranty tires for the issue if they are new enough.

BF Goodrich, turning Brown for 4 decades and counting !

Naptha (Coleman camp fuel) works, but the best cure is a better brand of tires.

BF Goodrich, turning Brown for 4 decades and counting !

Naptha (Coleman camp fuel) works, but the best cure is a better brand of tires.
Yep, tried that too with the same results. It's in the tire.

I have had many brands of tires with white walls or raised white letters.

I always had problems with the black of the tire smearing on the white if I whipe the tire all at once. if I use a clean towel and wipe only the white areas it stays white.

I haven't had BFG tires in decades. Do t recall the problem back then.

I have Cooper Cobra RWL out, and the foam I noted earlier seems to work well.

Spray all 4, go back to the first, stiff brush, rince well, move on

one thing that everyone should learn here is that this has been an issue for years. the lesson here is not to buy those garbage *** tires from here on out.

one thing that everyone should learn here is that this has been an issue for years. the lesson here is not to buy those garbage *** tires from here on out.
True that. I like the tires, tread, and letters but I will buy something else next time for sure.

This is a consistent problem with BFG T/As and an old one at that. The fact that they haven't fixed this known issue for YEARS is par for the course with the world of 15" tires. We're too small of a market for anyone to care and 90% of the buyers don't even realize how poor these tires are in terms of performance. So we just suck it up.

Anyway, on this, my LAST set of BFG T/As, I just scrub them down with steel wool when I'm washing the car. It takes way too much effort for the ~two weeks that it lasts but at least it's something.

Coloradohill's pdf tells it all!

Design flaw!

Funny how they say uv fixes the issue for a while.

Coloradohill's pdf tells it all!

Design flaw!

Funny how they say uv fixes the issue for a while.
Yep. That PDF was a joke. Of course that came from BFG.
Mine will discolor setting in the garage. If uv rays are causing the issue we should never take our cars out in the sun. I call BS. :lol:

Mine will discolor setting in the garage. If uv rays are causing the issue we should never
They are saying that the sun can lesses the yellowing. Not cause it.

They recommend to get the tires some sun.

:rofl: I'll park one side in the sun and the other in the shade and see what that does. I better read that again. I was cornfused! :lol:

"However, under certain circumstances, these protective agents may become noticeable over time as yellowing or browning due to interaction with ozone. " I read this as ozone causes the chemicals to cause browning.

As I said many posts back, it's been BF issue for over 40 years. I remember the first set on my buddies LT1 powered Monty Carlo back in '79. He was constantly using a white letting "stick" on them and he was a clean freak car wise, could never get the letters white. Mean while I ran some **** CTC Tornado tires and never washed my car, letters always White! Hell here they are still white after sitting in Mom's garage from '82 to '86 when I went to fetch it. Letters still bright white and I'd never scrubbed them in my life.

bee1986.jpg

-
Back