BF Goodrich radial T/A white letters

-
My TA’s turned brown and were born in 2008.
IMG_5960.jpeg

And were replaced with Coopers last month:
IMG_6142.jpeg

Okay, maybe your TA’s have an issue. I was just speaking from my experience with mine. Anyways y’all are stuck in the 70’s/80’s, there are much better performing tires on the market. Get with the times.

I read a ton of stories complaining about them turning brown but I would hope they rectified that. I didn't want to take that chance though and bought Mickey's. The smallest MT makes for the front though was 215/70s while I would have preferred 205/65s.

I read a ton of stories complaining about them turning brown but I would hope they rectified that. I didn't want to take that chance though and bought Mickey's. The smallest MT makes for the front though was 215/70s while I would have preferred
I like the BFG letters, size, and font. I also like the tread pattern. Some of the white lettered tires look like snow tire tread. I will probably go with MT if I need to replace them again. I like the tread and the letter size and font.

I like the BFG letters, size, and font. I also like the tread pattern. Some of the white lettered tires look like snow tire tread. I will probably go with MT if I need to replace them again. I like the tread and the letter size and font.
Agree. The BFG are good looking tires but didn't want to chance the letters. I have a young friend who had a Red Monte Carlo pace car back in the day and he would routinely recolor his letters Yellow. Hahaha, I AIN'T that guy.

I've actually never cared for the BFG tires. their tread edges are too rounded and that leads to accelerated wear on the edges, IMO. I loved the old Goodyear Eagle ST tires. They had very square edges that made almost a 90 degree angle from the tread to the sidewall.

20 yr old BFG's?

no wonder you can spin the tires thru three gears!
:p
It's no secret, it's been mentioned a few times. Those are my sliding and drifting tires. But I have other tires on other wheels. At one time I had four sets of tires on the go, plus a brand new set; I always have one new set waiting. New 15 inch tires are too precious to just burn up.

Rusty's right, the BFGs have rounded edges,
I run my 295s at 22>24 pounds on Tens, which gives me plenty of nice even wear.
And contrary to popular opinion, after you get used to how they corner at that pressure, the self-steer is awesome. It's like running a fast-ratio box/arm. and besides, most of the time they're spinning around the corners anyway, so left-handers burn one side and right-handers the other, lol.
And to top it off, braking with no proportioning back there is like throwing out a boat-anchor. I like the half-worn BFGs cuz they're predictable. Every time I go out, they will behave the same.
Yes I ran Coopers too. They ran about the same, but went bald faster. Can't run bald in the rain on a DD. I actually ran the Coopers First, and only went to BFGs after the Coopers went bald. I've been waiting for the BFGs to wear out but , they're wearing real slooooow these past few summers (no longer a DD). I might have to retire them, just because.

I too have them on my 71 Charger and love them. Newer BFGs on the front have turned brown while older rear set just a little yellow. I had used scotch bright on them which brought them back in the past. Have very few miles on them and car is garage kept.

Used a white pen on the fronts but a lot of work and several layers still not that great solution. Looks ok from a far but up close not great.

In the old days white shoe polish did the job!

IMG_8112.jpeg

Last edited:
-
Back